View Single Post
Old 17 Mar 2019, 16:26 (Ref:3891346)   #270
RWDPAUL
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
RWDPAUL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you for the link , I have the paperback of those details witch only apply to rally cars , group 2 zakspeed race cars come / came under different regs and preparation details . Even modern msa regs are different for race and rally cars . What would really be handy so I can start preparation is the following : (group 2 zakspeed 1974 )
And must comply with current fia historic regs

Detailed photos of the roll cage i.e. Did they use a standard SD 6 point cage , with or without additional bracing to the rear chassis rails / SD multipoint cage or a bespoke fabricated cage ?? I could imagine an allybars alloy cage could have been the done thing back then but regs won't allow alloy cages so CDS will be the only option

We're the rear chassis rails raised to allow the car to sit at a lower ride height ??
Anyone actually had any joy with torsion bar setup and does it make any difference
Rear arch detail
Did they use short link bars , long link bars or lower link bars mounted under the chassis rails and the upper link bars inboard ,
From what I have seen in 2 photos the rear turrets are set further inboard ( I'm presuming this was only done to allow for wheel clearance
As it's a genuine type 49 shell I don't want to start chopping bits out that detracts from it's originality if I don't have to , although I realise the rear firewall and tramp bar brackets will have to go anyway etc etc

Has anyone got any pics of the boot mounted fuel tank ?

Did the zakspeed cars run chassis mounts with a modified gp4 cross member etc
I will be using standard gartrac tarmac /AP historic calipers for now as I have them but will consider the later type gp5 setup any input from members , esp who have an historic race car would be much app , cheers