Thread: British GT 2004
View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2004, 20:33 (Ref:1151915)   #8
mcurtis26
Veteran

mcurtis26 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Admittedly grids have not been as high as they have been in the past, but I think it's correct to stay that for pretty much every domestic series this year (and most international ones). However, I think it's been a very promising year, with some excellent racing. It's also nice to see some good teams on the grid who have serious potential such as GruppeM, Ecosse and Embassy, who all come across as very professional operations. I think the series will definitely benefit in the long run from SRO, and I find the SRO package by far the best value UK series at the moment. It was only a tenner at Brands and Oulton, which beats the £20-25 for the TOCA tour hands down, both on price and entertainment value. Attendance figures have been down, but that has been true of most series, I don't think its a fair reflection of the quality of the series. SRO have done an excellent job this year IMHO, and if anybody knows how to run a successul GT series it's Stephane Ratel. It's just a shame that we won't be seeing them at any MSV circuits next year, but i'll be looking forward to it for sure. The survival of the series has been assured and hopefully it will only grow from here.