View Single Post
Old 26 Apr 2007, 17:59 (Ref:1901093)   #56
Fris the Whizz
Rookie

United Kingdom
Wolston, Nr Coventry
Fris the Whizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello Andy!

Hi Andy Barton Junior, I think. Tell the old man I was asking after him. He bought my F.Atlantic 73B rolling chassis, I always remember what an ace Dad you have!

I was racing at Ingliston in 1975, in my Clubmans car, and I had a punctured float in one of the carbs. I spent lap after lap chasing another car but just couldnt get past as on all the right hand bends the car was flooding and misfiring. My only real chance was a left hander before entering the Stadium, but he kept looking in his mirror and blocking me. In the end I caught him napping, and as he realised he tried to shut the door on me. Of course the inevitable happened and I basically "T" boned him. We ended up with him sideways on and me in his side. I promptly stuck my car in reverse, pulled back, and then shot off and won the race!

His helpers went absolutely mad at me, "......can't you stand to lose a race" etc, etc. I was actually quite embarrassed, I hadn't meant it to happen like that, but in my defence said something along the lines that he had seen me in his mirrors enough to block me, it's a pity he didn't see me in his mirrors when I was half past him! Anyhow it wasn't very nice, untill I found out that your old man Andy, who was in the Grandstand, had been absolutely ecstatic when I did it, leapt up cheering "Good old Frizzie" or something, I think he thought I did it on pupose and really appreciated it!

I will say this now, I really appreciated Andy's support, the spectators were on my side too, as your old man was so popular!

Happy Days, Keep well. Tell him to look at my "Driver File", see what I am up to these days, it'll give him a laugh. Jeremy Shaw (Autosport reporter of our days, lives in US of A now said, and I quote "That is a great photo! And a good example for "spot the loonie!" I can't believe you do that! "

All the best Andy,

Cheers,

Geoff Friswell.