View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2000, 03:19 (Ref:31374)   #5
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to admit that I have never been terribly fond of Brazilian drivers. I started watching F1 races a few races after Ayrton Sennas death. (They replayed them late at night, and since there was nothing else on, I got hooked!)

I was totally oblivious to who Senna ever was. I have seen Christian Fittipaldi race and Cart, and have been less than impressed at his ability to crash into walls and knock himself out. (Which he as done many more times than he has win races)

Gil never showed much either because he was driving an ill handling car on Crapyear tires. And although Helio showed spark last year, he always seemed to go out. (which at the time I cheared, as it usually meant Greg Moore moved up a place).

However, after talking to Gil in Toronto (about Toronto) and meeting Helio and seeing him take the Greg Moore pole award, and then Rubino's fine win in Germany that almost brought a tear to my eye, I feel differentlty. Gil is incredibly nice, Helio is always smiling and willing to sign autographs and in a way represents Greg to me. Go Brazil! (but not in football)