View Single Post
Old 10 May 2017, 12:45 (Ref:3732653)   #20
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Code 60 is in my opinion a complete joke, on Sunday I was a 'speccie' @ Cadwell and saw it being used for the first time, nothing I saw impressed me and I wouldn't want to use it for several reasons:

In one of the Fiesta races the field definitely 'joined up' under the flag.

In another (again Fiestas) drivers thought that their slick tyres were getting cold and so were weaving a lot, now whether that warms the tyres up is subjective but weaving like that leads to more accidents.

Now how about a race leader having a good race, pulling away from the field when on the whim of a Clerk of the Course the race is 'neutralised' he has no idea more than anyone else when the race is going back 'live' and he may get 'jumped', especially if the Marshals are seen swapping flags as described above, I saw that myself on the Start Line.

At least when you use a Safety Car once the lights go out the race leader controls the pace and decides 'when to go'.

A further negative for me was the size and colour of the flag, much smaller than all the other flags and best part of transparent in strong sunlight.

The one positive for me was the Course Car leading the field out from the Paddock and doing a lap @ 60kph for the Sports 2000, that was well thought out.