View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2018, 20:57 (Ref:3868378)   #37
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBev View Post
Yes, true enough Alan, the fact that this is now a one off test certainly sweetens the pill, and will remove the yearly confusion of 'to what degree are you colour blind?'
But poor colour vision isn't confined to a 50 mile radius of Redhill.
Is there anyone out there from an operating circuit who's received instruction from Motorsport UK re conducting light box tests?
I very much doubt it as it's not MUK's responsibility to give instruction on carrying out the test, in the same way they don't get involved in arranging the provision of ECGs. The eyesight requirements are within the Medical Declaration part of the licence application and I think it's implicit that a doctor has to carry it out, Dr Green being the only one I know of. If Redhill's too far for you then Autosport is the other option as I mentioned back in post #18. I'd take the positive, it's good to have an excuse 'but I have to go to Autosport to get my eye test done...'