View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2019, 01:12 (Ref:3919120)   #81
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the difference is the reporting should be clear, we all know Robin Miller wears his opinions on his sleeve and always puts his spin on things. But it's obvious and he, most of the time, admits that. Some reporters, and sadly becoming more common in all media, put their opinion in the writing without making it obvious. And of course they're always fighting for our clicks and traffic so the teasing headline with a half truth becomes more common. Then when nothing is actually in the article everyone rails and hates. Frankly part of your job as the consumer is to read, parse and make a decision yourself, think we have lost sight of that. Don't take what to read as gospel, they may know things they can't say or lose their source but hinting leaves a lot of room for "debate" in forums and social media. Sadly, that becomes a pattern of anger when groups form up behind their chosen author.

Should read all, similar to all types of media, content you can to develop your own opinion and importantly not pretend your idea should be everything. Honestly forgetting that, and numerous posters on here also forgetting, has taken much of the joy of racing away. Thankfully most of my racing enjoyment can be refreshed hitting Road Atlanta 45 min up the road 5 or more times a year and the couple big events camping trackside for 4-5 days with bourbon, fire, too many cigars and the smell of racing fuel does wonders. And honestly many times I haven't cared what's under the skin of the car, it's going fast, making noise and there's enough to have a race. I'll never get to drive that fast or on that track but I'll celebrate those talented, lucky or rich enough to share it with us.