View Single Post
Old 24 Jul 2019, 12:18 (Ref:3919178)   #82
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
A few thoughts on the previous two, well written and well intentioned posts:

In the case of IMSA I see what you're saying about media being part of the show, and the actual show crowd not really seeing that. The first thought I had was after the merger, fans weren't really fans of the initial commentary team, instead preferring what we have now. Fans wanted the current team as a component to the show. Inside jokes that don't land with drivers always makes me lol, like a real-life "The Office" moment.

Second, it sounds like you've had the joy of talking about racing on an internet forum taken away, not the joy of racing.

And yes, reading from a wide range of sources should be required as your form your own opinion. I find most of the bigger story lines will show up here in discussion. I don't have time for many other disciplines outside sportscars and F1, so that pretty much eliminates sites that cover umpteen series. I'm too lazy to try to sort through 15 articles to find the 3 on sportscars when that exact info will show up here anyway.

I stop clicking after too many clickbait headlines. We shouldn't reward those articles with clicks. If the story turns true, I'll hear about it eventually. First person to break a news story carries a lot of weight, first to read about it doesn't really mean as much. I'll be okay if I first see the Ford/Hyundai/Lamborghini/Subaru/McLaren/Porsche/whatever DPi on an entry list instead of a "we sell cars and racecars = we're building a DPi" article.