View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2019, 16:37 (Ref:3939084)   #165
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
but frankly, if you read it without buying it you are "stealing".

My apologies if this appears harsh.
That's wrong. If you go to buy it every week, just subscribe and be done with it.

I worked at a newsstand in college and we had people who never bought anything, and we'd kick them out after 10-minutes. But guys, like me, who would browse for 3-5 minutes and buy it 6 out of 10 times, we wouldn't say anything. Even foreign fashion magazines at $50 each. At book stores (like a WH Smith) for example, people would sit for hours. They don't kick them out. The worst, is when they don't put stuff back....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
As a shopper, I must admit that it annoys me the hell when going to select my newspapers in the supermarket when I bother to buy any, that there is usually one or two people (always middle to late age and always male) who are stood by the display reading a newspaper.
As for newspapers; no way! Once in a while, someone would flip threw sections looking for New York Times travel section to see if it was the day for that, but that's how far it would go.