View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2016, 13:51 (Ref:3666564)   #39
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Today there were multiple trucks rolling through the neighborhood I was in handing out free refreshments to people gutting houses. Smoothie King was giving away free smoothies, a bank was giving away ice cream, and the red cross had water and food. My 6 yr old son has been out of school for a week due to flooding, so I had him come with me. He enjoyed smashing walls, but the flooding became real to him when we had to pick up this family's ruined toys and other possessions.
He will remember that forever and that's a good thing. I remember being 8 or 9 and going on a trip to the SC coast to do disaster relief after Hugo. The power of nature is humbling for people of all ages.