View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3257177)   #23
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
Does Vettel participate at all?
According to Lewis, he is the "new Mansell".

Lewis seems to think that Vettel is overrated. He seems to think it is more down to the car - if so, then why hasn't he lambasted Webber as well? Yes, Vettel has had the best car since about 2010, but Lewis probably had the best car in 2007 and 2008.

I think that a big problem with Lewis is that he doesn't seem to realise the specific talents of other drivers. He seems to rate Alonso(even after their troubled relationship), and I think he rates Kubica(even though he sadly isn't in F1 any more). He should have sort of noticed Vettel after the Monza win in 2008. In wet weather and in a mid field car Vettel it was probably one of Vettel's best performances. That should have been a wake-up call to Lewis.

Likewise with Jenson at McLaren. Yes, I think that Lewis had the slight edge on him - especially in qualifying, but come a wet turning to dry race - Jenson had the advantage. I don't think that Lewis fully acknowledged that.