View Single Post
Old 14 Oct 2014, 04:26 (Ref:3464807)   #25
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
McLaren did go downhill after Hamilton left, so perhaps Button isn't really one with the team. He's still a pretty capable driver, but yeah as above he does sometimes seem to disappear into the field, but then he'll do a couple of fantastic drives like the last 2 races.

Overall though, kmag has been pretty even with Button, and that shouldn't really happen from a rookie. Kmags just been a bit unlucky in not finishing where he should have, sometimes through rookie mistakes.

I don't think you can compare Button to Alonso though. Alonso vs Button may be no different to Alonso vs Kimi. I guess we might find out next year if they keep him over kmag.

Anyway dotr, I can't see how Hamilton can get it, he cruised around only a smidgen faster than Bottas, and Rosberg closed considerably on him throughout the race despite older tyres and having to pass everyone. How does that make him dotr?

Probably has to go to Bottas. He stayed with the Mercs and in comparison to Massa, he was over a minute ahead. That's not the equivalent of coming through the field - Rosberg did that and was only 13s behind Hamilton at the end.