View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2017, 17:55 (Ref:3782937)   #90
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I think straightening the immediate approach to Turn 1 could help a bit. It's funny, sometimes those corners that focus the racing line improve the effectiveness of the slipstream and aid overtaking. It just depends. What I think would help at least as much though, is to ease the apex of Turn 1; that is, don't have that curb jutting out as far from the pit exit lane as it does now.

The other circuit tweak I'd make is to get rid of that point of curbing that juts out in the middle of Turn 6; the guys are cutting it as much as they can get away with anyway.

Part of this is going to depend on guys not being so risk-averse, and getting out onto more of the tarmac. You can make the track as wide as you like, but if the drivers don't work to widen the line, it won't matter. Take a look at the back stretch and run into the "Mile Wide Corner" at the Denver street circuit that CART/CCWS used in 2002-06. I think the general setup of that section will look familiar.