View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2016, 18:17 (Ref:3686272)   #37
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I'm not even 30 years old, and I've felt that way the past 5 or 6 years at least, pretty much across all motorsports.
This is the key. You're almost 30 and felt like this for 5 or 6 years. A big change in personality and interests is normal in your early to mid 20s. By 30 you won't like the same things you did at 20. At 30 you'll be a very different person. Arguable the change you go through in your early 20s is the biggest change you'll go through in your whole life.

Look at your interests at 20 and your interests at 30 and you'll see vast differences. Take me as an example - 22 to 25 I played LOTS of games, especially racing sims - iRacing and GPL. I listened to rock music and watched Futurama and Family Guy a lot. Now I'm 30 I've lost interest in racing sims. I do play some games but not as much as before. I watch very little TV and I listen to blues music now. I've moved from watching F1, IndyCar and NASCAR to watching ELMS, WEC, Blancpain and Creventic Series.

You don't have to keep watching racing. If you don't enjoy it, then don't watch it, or find another series you prefer. If you don't enjoy any of it, then don't force yourself to watch it just because you used to. You're not the same person now that you were 10 years ago. Don't fight that - accept it and find something you do enjoy.

I mean christ, I went from playing Call of Duty 4 many years ago, to never playing the series again and spending my time making cardboard/paper spaceships, because I've now found an interest in space travel and found nobody makes decent (and affordable and up to date) diecasts of them, and I wanted a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket sitting on my desk. From that, I've found I can't be interested in space travel without knowing more, so I've started an Engineering degree (turns out I don't like maths, but I'm still trying!). 10 years ago I was playing CoD online. Now I'm doing engineering and watching rocket launches.

This change is normal. Embrace it.