View Single Post
Old 4 Nov 2015, 12:51 (Ref:3588099)   #10
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm afraid that the golden age, whatever that means, has to be the 1960s and into the 70s, when you had real drivers behind the steering-wheels and none of the driver aids that even existed in the 90s.

When a driver like Jim Clark completed a race at Brands Hatch in a Lotus Cortina with a broken seat and holding on to the roll-bar with his right hand to keep him in place and driving for virtually the whole race just using his left hand. Incidentally, he also won the race against the strongest of rivals such as Sir John Whitmore, Graham Hill and if I remember correctly, Roy Salvadori plus many, many more other brilliant drivers.

There were so many phenomenal drivers during those years, but unfortunately my failing memory doesn't allow me to name them at this time. Hopefully someone can step in to help me.