View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2007, 12:35 (Ref:1933103)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJJ
Considering you started the original thread and then posted every news article you could find, why the change in feeling ?

You added fuel to the fire when you could, why the sudden change ?
The fuel to the fire is around things that didnt add up at the time... when pressed the answers were not wholly what was expected. But thats a question of a management choice around the application of funds in the racing team, and their choice of driver in different circumstances.

We have entered a different world now... a failure to appear at Eastern Creek potentially puts the team's franchise licence slot up for review by TEGA ... especially as this is the 2nd time in 2 years that it has happened... and while the first one was (very) begrudgingly allowed... this one may lead somewhere interesting....

At the same time, it is solicitors at dawn between this team and one of their contractors. Potential exists for a counter claim for lack of specific performance of the contract. So we are looking at a potential legal skirmish, in two parts: around the termination of services of a car preparer and the choice of the driver to terminate his services.

None of this was happening when the previous posts questioned who was going to be behind the wheel of the car, or the method used to accumulate funds to secure the new car.

We have seen an escalation in the level of seriousness to levels not in place with this team previously. And quite frankly, it is very difficult to determine from this position who is in the right and who is in the wrong, and the specific circumstances around it all. So we wont.

We need to continue to be careful in the choice of phraseology and directional discussions and not make claims that cannot be supported with a reasoned argument demonstrated purely as speculative, or where a media outlet has made a proclamation, reporting their views and again building a reasoned argument.

My initial thoughts and misunderstandings remain... but they pale into insignificance compared to the position this team now finds itself in. So the position doesnt change, but the treatment of the new circumstances certainly does.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods