Thread: Tony in trouble
View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2014, 04:54 (Ref:3443379)   #52
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thread title is right. "Tony (is) in trouble".

Regardless of what happened, and how it happened, and what actions he and Kevin Ward Jr took, Ward Jr is dead. I can't imagine for a second that Tony Stewart has an intention to kill anyone when on the track. Even if he is found culpable, I don't think anyone could pin it as premeditated or intentional.

So yes, Tony is in trouble. I dare say he would be quite a mess.

Also in "trouble" are Kevin Ward Jr's family, who will be struggling to deal with this plus the constant reminders from the media, the videos, the investigation to come, etc.

We can make our own judgements based on what we have read in the media and seen on the TV, but we don't have all the facts. Only the authorities will once they do a through investigation.

Perhaps a better focus for those who love motorsport is to consider what we can take from this to make the sport safer. Like punishing drivers who do reckless things (throwing helmets at cars, walking onto the track) and even suspending them if needed.

There also perhaps needs to be rules in place that when a driver is involved in an incident that results in a fatality, there is an instant period of suspension in order to allow investigations to occur and to allow sanctioning bodies to ensure that the driver is in a sound mental to participate and not be a danger.

Thoughts be with both Kevin Ward Jr, his family, and Tony Stewart and his family.