View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2010, 19:56 (Ref:2614788)   #9
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome to the My tracks section tiddys2k

Pitlanes can be tricky

It pretty much depends on how much detail your going to incorporate as to how much of the following applies....

I use the off set tool to set the important widths away form the straight (Tip Highlight the first and last corners as well, as sometimes Sketchup won't let you just off-set one line...and you don't need to off-set the whole circuit, just the bits you need).

What to off-set...
Maybe some grass (Barcelona)/extra width (Magny Cours) before the pitwall.
The width of the pitwall itself.
The Team area on the pitwall
The width of the main pitlane
The coloured safety area (not on every circuit)
The width of the working area "pit boxes"

Check out some real word circuits for their particular layouts and take the bits that work best for your designs.

I'm sure others do it differently