Old 6 Apr 2017, 04:47 (Ref:3724062)   #7
RedZedMikey
Racer

Australia
Victoria, Australia
RedZedMikey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
I hope to be in Queensland for the Commonwealth Games, so if I exclude Mount Panorama, what about either:
Lakeside Park, Brisbane
Morgan Park, Warwick
Queensland Raceway, Ipswich
The first has held Australian Grand Prix, I see, '66 and '69, which would add to its value in my 'collection'.
I only have decent personal experience at Morgan Park, so am not really qualified to offer an opinion. However ...

Queensland Raceway, aka "The Paperclip": Flat, boring, no sweepers, however it is the only permanent circuit in Qld used by the main game VASC cars. Been there in person, but got hardly any track time due to engine failure.

Morgan Park Raceway: Has undulation, a bit more interesting - but will depend upon which of the circuit variations you get to run. If lucky, you will run on one of the extended circuits up to 2.9km. Their website "about" page is old, old, old, and doesn't even mention the extensions - check their circuit map page. At least here I finished the day!

Lakeside Park: I believe this circuit was "rescued" from the doldrums a few years ago. Have never been there or seen it on TV, so it's a ??? for me. Yes, AGP were run there, but not Formula One - although some of the big name F1 drivers were in the events in F1 cars.

Haven't made the 3600km round trip to Qld since 2009, after all Phillip Island is only 100km away for me .