View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2019, 12:12 (Ref:3897968)   #6551
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
McLaren Pushing for Production-Based Only Hypercar Regs

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...hypercar-regs/

This is Zak Brown saying it's all too complicated because of different concepts (LMP/Hypercar/GTE Plus/whatever) all mixed up. It's all mixed up because of the manufacturers.

“We prefer a production-based hypercar,” Brown told Sportscar365. “We want to see Aston Martin, Ferrari, Porsche in road-going hypercars.

“I think that’s what the fans want and what we want to race against."

Porsche aren't interested, Ferrari probably not either. I'm a fan and I want to watch prototypes defying reality, not a footballer's plaything tooling around slower than an LMP2.
If you want to race against Aston, Ferrari and Porsche, may I direct you towards GTE?

Last edited by Mike E; 16 Apr 2019 at 12:20.