Old 31 May 2014, 10:31 (Ref:3413085)   #22
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
And Z4... in fact in all probablity the only model that actually corresponds with the regulations is the 458 (after the width waiver was excused by integrating it to the actual regs that is)
Apparently the Lotus Evora GTE was build to the regulations, it didn't need any waivers. But the engine was crap, which meant the results were crap. The 'factory' team only used it for 1 year in WEC. Alex Job Racing used it the year after in ALMS and the factory team competed with it in the International GT Open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
I like it when Mercedes SLS is eligible only in Blancpain and lower leagues (plus N24 and some other 24 or 12 hour races). So why not SLS GTE? Or SLS Grand-AM? Well, I couldn't care less. I'm happy with the GT3 machine which sounds like a fart.
In the beginning of the year HTP Motorsport said they might bring a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 to the TUSC GTD class later in the year. No idea what the current state of their plan is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Could Lamborghini have done it? No, too limited market. Bent....NO!NO!NO!
The Lamborghini GT3's aren't made by Lamborghini. They're made by Reiter Engineering, a privateer. Only since last year Lamborghini is providing some (extra) support. Before last year it was basicly all up to Reiter if they want to run their cars in other series/markets. Lamborghini's are competing in PWC this year though.