View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2017, 00:28 (Ref:3773938)   #46
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I can see their point of view of others profiteering from their signatures but usually I get signatures for something that raises money for a charity or a friend in need. (Such charities like Bid4Jase/Jason Richards, Bushfire appeals, etc) I explained to Allan that the XC lid was for a friend and his project car that's a family heirloom. The only signatures I've kept was on a cap that Jason had signed as a thank you for a shirt I ultimately gave his wife and kids (and he tearfully hugged me after signing the cap) a few model cars of Jase and Peter Brock (which I swore I would never sell) plus a custom painted guitar signed by actor Karl Urban. In other words, I've never profited from these with the exception of making new friends from the people who autographed the stuff.
And Moffat chose not to sign it after that explanation?

Its a little disappointing to hear a couple here have had negative encounters with him due to the signature thing.
But its also disappointing people just try and make some quick cash out of it and ruin it for genuine fans.
I'd never pay for a signature, but I'd never use it to make money either.