View Single Post
Old 9 Nov 2017, 22:11 (Ref:3779692)   #40
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
I can well remember standing on the old scaffolding terrace just after the chicane at Thruxton and it vibrating every time the Formula 5000 field went past !

Regarding the Easter Revival at Thruxton I think I remember the HSCC's Graham White saying that the HSCC members were reluctant to return to Thruxton after Mike Lane's unfortunate accident in the Clubmans race . A great shame as I thought this meeting complimented the Castle Combe Autumn Classic nicely with most of the cars being from the generation of cars after those that appear at the Autumn Classic .

Finally , next year marks the 50th Anniversary of racing at Thruxton (in its current guise) and I was wondering if there were any plans to celebrate the anniversary and if so what form they might take .
I think the other part of the problem for Easter Revivals, no matter how pertinent the name, is that Easter moves every year and plays havoc with the calendar.

Furthermore, when it is early, and especially when it is very early, it's probably too early for the weather, having cars ready and many of the possible entrants and drivers.

But apart from that it's obviously a great idea ... if it wasn't for all the numpties who think it's a good opportunity to get away for a weekend and clog up the roads.