Thread: PWC: 2020
View Single Post
Old 25 Sep 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3930065)   #202
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Nope, just reading what was written and questioning how one is equal to the other. Oh and what 2 teams who have moved have directly stated about why the move. But I guess that's an IMSA fan rather than a racing in general fan.
But what was not accurate in that assessment? You've offered the challenge but without information showing why my thoughts were not accurate. That's the condition required for discussion.
No, there are small differentiators between the two, but nothing major right now. SRO has free, non-geoblocked live streaming for all races, then has GT3 Race 2, live on CBS Sports Network. SRO allows for pro-pro lineups, while IMSA does not. SRO GT3 is the feature, solo class, while IMSA's GTD is the third tier in multiclass racing. In 2019, both series have a difference of only 200 minutes of race time 1260 for SRO, 1060 for IMSA Sprint Cup. SRO has had an average of 17 GT3 cars entered at each race, while IMSA has had 13 GT3 entered at each race, but only 1 team has actually committed to Sprint Cup.

IMSA has the bigger name and presence, that's clear. The differences between the two, right now, are minuscule.

Honestly they both need to go back to what they are good - SRO America is sprint, IMSA GTD is endurance. Don't step on each other's toes.

That being said, I also wouldn't be opposed if SRO decided to drop GT3 completely and go with GT2 as the top category in a year or two so they are not fighting w/ IMSA for entries.