View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 2020, 10:40 (Ref:3957387)   #26
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I seem to be the only person on here that is excited and fascinated by the EV revolution.
The benefits of EVs appeal - I reckon a small hatchback EV would be an absolute hoot on my drive to work down the lanes, instant torque for maximum giggles Currently though EVs just aren't ready for mass rollout (neither the cars themselves nor the infrastructure).

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I live in the country & do very little city driving so it's currently (joke not intended!) of little or no use to me.
Whilst my daily commute would work ok with an EV (I could charge overnight on my driveway) I need the car to be capable of long runs as well. Charging times need to come down drastically, cost needs to come down, range needs to go up, battery life needs to improve. Give it another 10 years of development and we might get there.