Thread: IMSA Race Road America 2020
View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2020, 19:12 (Ref:3992540)   #62
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
I don't feel so much that Mazda threw it away as much as Red Bull earlier in the day. And even they didn't fully throw it away. Mazda made their pitstops on time, and it immediately started raining. They could have stopped again, and would have ended up in the exact same spot. Parts of the track were looking slick friendly right after the red flag.

I was glad to see an Acura take it if it wasn't a Mazda. WTR had the luck of being able to pit right after a downpour started, but the Cadillacs just weren't the fastest.

Both GT leaders getting caught out within the last few seconds of the race. Tough to see, but C'est 'la racing.
The 7 Acura had a great race, and Helio earned that win, both in the dry and wet.

Interesting despite the lack of pace all year by the caddys, they are first and second in the drivers championship!

What a heck of a finish in all classes, and even after they threw the final yellow I wasn't sure the order was set. I thought somebody was going to lose it in those horrid conditions.