View Single Post
Old 6 Mar 2021, 11:07 (Ref:4039166)   #5446
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Shame Indycar doesn't get big exposure over here. If only they could get a top GP star in the series
I'm not sure much would change - other than it being a short flash in the pan for UK audiences. There is already a healthy representation of drivers who have been in F1 (I'm assuming that is what you mean by GP) competing in the series, and the UK has been represented regularly - but UK audiences on the whole are not interested.

For the majority of UK TV audiences, there are three types of racing:
F1 - everything else open-wheel is seen as less important.
BTCC - everything else with a roof is too long/lacks characters/lower quality.
Rallying - cars look impressive for a few moments, but when they realise the only way to keep track of the action is through timing screens, and there is no wheel-to-wheel action, it gets repetitive to watch.

Trying to get UK TV audiences interested in yet another form of Motorsport is difficult enough - add into that the fact that it is a foreign series, looks like F1 and is not forward looking in terms of technology and your potential audience is very limited. It's hard enough to retain enough enthusiasm for F1 alone; diluting the mainstream TV market would hinder, rather then enhance, the Motorsport offering in the UK I feel.