View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2021, 01:40 (Ref:4043632)   #170
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I asked a few months ago, wouldn't putting some dirt on tarmac just end up with a slightly dirty tarmac surface? I assume there is a better way of doing things than what NASCAR has done.

Bloody funny though.
It's about 3' of clay on the surface and it's done fairly often there just usually for actual dirt cars. Think grand have claimed 18" down low but still plenty of surface

The front coming through was supposed to be vicious here and dumped hard in Georgia but does look like it was worse further north. Friends in Va and Tenn got months worth of rain this morning in some areas, river rise was called on most of the rivers in the mountains. I don't think tomorrow is much better, but it's been a changing forecast every day this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Smoke was saying at the time they announced the Bristol dirt race that they should have gone to Eldoro (sounded like that anyways, not somewhere I know of what or where it is!)
Cup cars would be murder on Eldora, reports from Smoke's guys was it was destroying the track beyond the returns. The track did not renew with Nascar not the other way around. It was rumored, and Tony hinted at it, that the track wanted a lot more money to get the Cup and Truck show late in the season and use that to improve everything around the track and facilities. It appears Nascar didn't want to fund that and thought he should welcome them rather than get paid for it. It was not the best attended event at the track no matter what Nascar thought.
It appears there is a lot to both sides of the story as is usual with Smoke and Nascar both. But either way, trucks maybe, Busch and Cup no. Trucks have a second race later in the season at Knoxville Raceway, an actual dirt track again. Doubt we'll see them back at Eldora any time soon.