Thread: Extreme E 2021
View Single Post
Old 9 Apr 2021, 10:42 (Ref:4045294)   #20
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As a big fan of rally raid I have to say it was really exciting!

It's an off road style series obviously but it was much more interesting than Formula E and a lot more challenging. For me it was a success and they gave a lesson to the Dakar which never showed a live in these years even for the classic short prologue.

I have watched qualifying first and it was a really good show! Cars are big and high with big wheels and a lot of wheel travel wich is just good on such a surface. The track was challenging: guys who race in Rally Raid like Sainz and Loeb had no problem at all; Kristofferson was just impressive, real talent! Guys with circuit background struggled like in the case of Button.

As for the races, yeah they were a bit disappointing with no real duels a part that for the first kilometer. I think the race format for the desert was wrong but I read that they were largely unlucky with no wind in contrast to the day before. So the sand could not be clean.

Anyway it's really more intriguing than FE, they have to sort some problems but it's a good start. It's less artificial than FE and I really appreciate that. Cars are mega, the only problem that has to be sorted is that related to the power steering.

I suspect that some pro girls are quicker than some male drivers like in the case of Sara Price, Cristina Gutierrez Molly Taylor and maybe Catie Munnings...