View Single Post
Old 21 May 2020, 12:42 (Ref:3977519)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Supermarkets are hell-holes at the moment. The incredible selfishness of some people who are wilfully deciding to ignore or go against the guidelines that have been put in place to keep them safe is mind-bending. I had an actual out loud WTF moment last week when someone pretty much trod on my toes to get a jar of jam off the shelf; they "did not like it, it was rude, there was no need for it, how dare I" etc etc and "don't worry mate we don't have it".

When I pointed out that they didn't know if I did the comments stopped and they moved away pretty sharpish.

People, honestly. Can't live with 'em, can't live with 'em
if a typical supermarket basket is used as an indicator of inflation, then the customers are surely a barometer of the nation... i've found a reasonable indicator of "absolutely oblivious" is single use petrol station gloves. or a n95 standard mask but walking the wrong way up a one-way aisle every visit has at least one out-loud "REALLY?" moment.

i try and reason and decide that deep down, a lot of people are scared and don't know how to process the feeling and the reasons they're feeling it. that manifests itself in a lot of posts on here too. i'm not sure how we help people feel less fear so they can get back to their comfort zones, be they trackside, in bars and restaurants, or with friends. but resuming that life, albeit it with concessions until we have this managed, is going to be key to putting things in perspective and being able to look back at our quarantined selves with compassion and understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
We can (and probably do) all theorise about what we would do in this situation, but without actually being there, we don't know how we really would react. Maybe, until you know how the world now it when motorsport is allowed to happen again, what the new regulations & guidelines really are, and what the format of the meetings you're invited to attend you haven't enough information to actually make the decision? (I base this on the experience of my wife. My step son was born with a major heart defect and at 6 days old required major surgery to correct this. Apparently his mother remained calm throughout. As I say, I wasn't involved at the time. Whereas she's always thought that if something like that happened to her, she would just go to pieces. Oh, and as a footnote, he's now a healthy & strapping 26 year old builder, thank you NHS!)
this is a great post. glad your stepson is owning it now! i firmly believe we all need to take ourselves out of our comfort zones on a reasonably regular basis to challenge what we think of ourselves and what we can cope with. humans are exceptional, and the fact that so many have become scared of so much and filled with so much hate and bitterness is pretty depressing in itself. one of the best things ever as a woman is watching fellow ladies do something they thought they'd struggle with - even something as seemingly simple as going for a jog or learning a new skill - and realising just how much is within their grasp.