View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2018, 02:09 (Ref:3856038)   #7
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I was thinking more of where all the cars are going to go

Good question.

In recent years and I think as a long time tradition quite a lot of the cars were on loan from elsewhere and a few seem to have used it as a place to store cars (usually interesting cars with a history) over winter or for longer periods where they were not planning to use them.

In recent times quite a few cars that were owned by the Collection seem to have been sold on where a suitable race category had become popular for those with the wherewithal to buy a car and enjoy it.

Of what I saw last time I was there - which I suppose was about 2 years ago now - many would have no place to race at the moment and probably not in the future either. And of course there has been quite a large military vehicle collection present in recent years. Mostly German from WW2 era.

There's quite a lot of memorabilia there too. Whether owned or loaned I have no idea.

I would imagine there might be some private sales and then perhaps an auction but that is pure speculation on my part.