Old 3 Apr 2009, 02:55 (Ref:2432006)   #65
Scream'n_Demon
Rookie

New Zealand
Hamilton
Scream'n_Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Big screens cost money to set up and run and you've got to pipe in a video feed to that. I guess one way to offset the costs is to do what they do here in the USA and intertwine sponsor messages into the video feed.

The support classes used to be reasonably full but you have to understand the economy has hit those classes pretty well taking away personal and business discretionary income that used to fund cars in those classes. I'm sure the managers of those series are doing what they can to keep the car count up. As the economy picks back up you'll probably see a return in more car numbers.
I think the cost could easily be covered by a small increase in ticket prices. I'd be happy to pay more to see more. Also, the races are already filmed for TV anyway so why not run that straight to the big screen?

As for the support classes, I take your point that the economy is effecting the number of entrants and thats fair enough, but my point is that the classes aren't varied enough as well. I mean I can't see why they have a mini and production class seperate? I think that a GT class would add something that the minis just can't.