View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2016, 12:07 (Ref:3647364)   #28
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
The commentators are like a couple of lads rambling on a couch with no more information than anyone else has. They are inadequately represented in the pits too. Since losing NASCAR, they seems they want to keep their reputation as a motorsports broadcaster whilst spending nothing on it.
Agree with this and everything else said on this topic. I am flummoxed as to how I could watch an entire race, paying attention to everything and even rewinding over parts at times, and still have very little idea how many of the drivers ended up where they did. Pagenaud's one good example. Several really important passes and/or accidents happened during commercial breaks, which is I suppose unavoidable, but it seemed to me that these were inadequately covered in commentary review too.

Power being unable to return to the race seems a bit silly, given that drivers are allowed to spin their cars around when stuck in a corner. How this is different from exiting a run-off lane in the wrong direction and rejoining the race, I really don't know.

Congratulations to Sebastien Bourdais on a convincing-looking win. I really liked seeing how excited his dad was, like he was in Toronto in 2014. And I thought Conor Daly's comments after the race were very mature - "I'm still a rookie at this and have lots to learn" or words to that effect. He was obviously very pleased at the result. Montoya must be happy that his championship rivals all finished behind him, too.

Overall, an entertaining race, let down as noted above by some pretty shoddy coverage and commentary.