View Single Post
Old 29 Dec 2018, 22:41 (Ref:3873041)   #8
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I’m not really defending S365 as such, but I do question why it’s ok to rip apart everything John Dagys does, whilst ignoring the significant downsides to other sites.
Gotcha.

I mainly steer clear of everything except hard news---driver lineups and such---and extrapolate from entry lists, sessions results, and what is posted here.

I know most of what is being spewed out by the media is deadline-driven, not information-services-driven.

My waning interest in motorsports is actually more due to the factual reporting, about the games, the politics, and the drive to make racing more entertainment and less sport.

But ... as with all things ... we have options. i enjoy racing for what it is, as much as I can, and don't stress over the fact that a lot of it is sort of "fixed."

I suspect all sport has been, all along, at anything about the amateur level (not considering the Olympics to be amateur.) Nowadays we see the grime and filth, but i am pretty sure that while things might be worse nowadays ... people were always willing to bend the rules to win.