Thread: Hoy, Will
View Single Post
Old 22 Dec 2002, 10:58 (Ref:1813343)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was fortunate to have met Will on three brief occasions and he was always friendly and approachable. Once was on the grid immediately before the first race of the Touring Car season. When all the other drivers seemed to be uptight and nervous, Will was calm and relaxed. Sitting in his Mondeo, he had the tallest "Grid Girl" you've ever seen standing in front of him, such that the only view he had was from the top of her boots to the bottom of her shorts. He called me over and asked if I knew what the competition had been, because he had clearly won!

In a sport where drivers are categorised as either 'Professional' or 'Gentleman' Will was one of the very few who were genuinely both.

Last edited by John Turner; 12 Jan 2007 at 15:21. Reason: Driver Files Edit.