View Single Post
Old 5 Dec 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3340451)   #41
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace007 View Post
Like you say, without drastic changes, it is the beginning of the end. Door's open to Lemans, Indycar or even formula E which is growing day by day... If I were at CVC, I would be very careful how to cap costs asap...
I think they are more concerned with their exit strategy to make even more money, they have no interest in the F1 'product' and developing it at all.

Sadly F1 operates in a totally Darwinian way and the major teams are as guilty of this as anyone.

It is a house of cards waiting to fall over but I fear that due to the many vested interests this will be largely ignored until it is too late.

If I were at FOM I would have FOUR questions in the back of my mind.

Now that Red Bull has achieved so much how long will it want to continue as a team? Long term I can see it continuing to promote the Austrian GP and maybe even sponsoring some other GP's in key markets, or possibly F1 in total - this would keep it's F1 presence without the costs and pressure of running a team (s), particularly IF the winning streak end.

How long will Mercedes bankroll their F1 team if they don't win a title soon

Will any more manufacturers enter F1 as engine suppliers

How many teams will be on the grid still in 2015

Either any or all of the above would change F1 quite substantially and might be precursor to change.