Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 11 Sep 2024, 15:43 (Ref:4226146)   #901
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
My whip for the week, possibly longer. I chose the nardo gray one with raised white letter IRONMAN tires. It does have a Florida tag. Gross!
Is the dark tint a factory installed thing? Every one I see here is tinted out.
Old 11 Sep 2024, 18:25 (Ref:4226161)   #902
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Is the dark tint a factory installed thing? Every one I see here is tinted out.
Yes, its the standard 20% on SUVs, vans, and trucks.
Old 11 Sep 2024, 19:07 (Ref:4226169)   #903
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Appreciated by celebs! Is it better than a C-Max?
Old 11 Sep 2024, 20:14 (Ref:4226173)   #904
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When we have all bar the front windows blacked out, its referred to as "Privacy Glass".
I cant remember that I have ever even sat in the back seat of my car.
Old 11 Sep 2024, 20:24 (Ref:4226174)   #905
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
When we have all bar the front windows blacked out, its referred to as "Privacy Glass".

I think that the only time/s that I sat on the back seat of my car was when I was a lot younger, and I was being a very naughty boy" And we could have made good use of the "Privacy Glass" if it had been an option back then.

Didn't need the back seat when I drove the Zodiac tow car as it had a very comfortable bench seat, with a column gear lever, so no impediments!
Old 12 Sep 2024, 02:40 (Ref:4226199)   #906
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Appreciated by celebs! Is it better than a C-Max?
I'm afraid I've never been in a c-max. A Pacifica is quite a bit bigger, though. This one isn't but they are actually very nice and comfortable.
Old 12 Sep 2024, 02:43 (Ref:4226200)   #907
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
I tint the windows of all my vehicles. It looks better aesthetically but mainly because it cuts the heat down immensely. I'm probably going to add clear ceramic to the windshield and sunroof of my truck.
Old 12 Sep 2024, 07:01 (Ref:4226209)   #908
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
I guess its a bit like the Grand Caravan here, at lot of room and comfy. Only issue, common to many like our Renault Espace, the towing capacity is rather limited.

E.B, what a good point, the rear seats. When watching pick-up interior views, I always wonder how many owners did actually test the rear seats. Some look good but ask to a young adult to sit there during hours and you'll be surprised. And disappointed in the case of a pick up if you store big bags inside the cabin!
Old 12 Sep 2024, 07:07 (Ref:4226212)   #909
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Talking about what we call here "monospaces" aka passenger vans, did someone test the best America could send us, the Pontiac Trans Sport? I wont mention Aerostar here… And don't laugh, the best chassis I could appreciate in this category is the Fiat Multipla.
Old 12 Sep 2024, 12:35 (Ref:4226249)   #910
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I didnt know where to post this but chose this thread. Its not about what car o I drive, but I guess it fits more into a what car MIGHT I drive. Or might other Australians drive.

As many here would be aware Australia had its own arm of General Motors, Holden, that used to be the market leading car brand, along with Ford. However Holden sales declined to the point it became unviable and ceased production.

No GM presence in Aus. Other than niche models and a few trucks.

However today I read that storied American brand Cadillac will launch officially in Australia next year. No not all the Escalades and stuff, but it seems for Caddy electric vehicles. It all starts next year with the all-new Lyriq electric SUV.

Cadillac say they will be selling cars in a new unique way...... the American heritage brand's new electric SUV will spearhead its arrival in Australia, however will not be available through traditional dealerships like luxury competitors from Porsche, Maserati, BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz.

Instead all future Cadillac cars in Australia will be sold direct by the brand through exclusive retail stores initially located in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

Cadillac says the exclusive purchase journey and luxury prices of its cars will be backed up with a white glove aftersales experience, where servicing is managed through the same retail stores.

There is more about launch plans cars, specs and pricing with lots of pretty pics and more words about what next in the future for Cadillac downunder.....here:

https://www.racv.com.au/royalauto/tr...ease-date.html
Old 12 Sep 2024, 13:44 (Ref:4226253)   #911
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I guess its a bit like the Grand Caravan here, at lot of room and comfy. Only issue, common to many like our Renault Espace, the towing capacity is rather limited.

E.B, what a good point, the rear seats. When watching pick-up interior views, I always wonder how many owners did actually test the rear seats. Some look good but ask to a young adult to sit there during hours and you'll be surprised. And disappointed in the case of a pick up if you store big bags inside the cabin!
Yes, the caravan was a Dodge branded product and the first minivan but they don't sell it anymore. With the discontinuation of the 300, the Pacifica is the only car Chrysler sells. Stellantis is really struggling in the US market.
Old 12 Sep 2024, 16:18 (Ref:4226267)   #912
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Stellantis is really struggling in the US market.
The Peugeot brand always did. Lets see if Renault, again, or may be Alpine can have a successful comeback. But TBH, there a so many important difference between any Eu market and yours that it will be a tough time for them. Unlike Japanese brands we have no large sedan to offer. And the reliability is still questionable.
Old 12 Sep 2024, 16:22 (Ref:4226268)   #913
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Interesting marketing approach from Cadillac, EB. Selling Ev's in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane is very wise, those vehicles cant go too far from a plug!
Old 12 Sep 2024, 19:22 (Ref:4226279)   #914
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
About what do you drive, who on here did drive a full EV? Did you like it and do you recommend? I don't unless in town to commute even when riding my bicycle I'm always focused - obsessed!- by the remaining energy. And I can get it about the real level of emissions, when all parameters are in.
Old 12 Sep 2024, 23:53 (Ref:4226294)   #915
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I didnt know where to post this but chose this thread. Its not about what car o I drive, but I guess it fits more into a what car MIGHT I drive. Or might other Australians drive.

As many here would be aware Australia had its own arm of General Motors, Holden, that used to be the market leading car brand, along with Ford. However Holden sales declined to the point it became unviable and ceased production.

No GM presence in Aus. Other than niche models and a few trucks.

However today I read that storied American brand Cadillac will launch officially in Australia next year. No not all the Escalades and stuff, but it seems for Caddy electric vehicles. It all starts next year with the all-new Lyriq electric SUV.

Cadillac say they will be selling cars in a new unique way...... the American heritage brand's new electric SUV will spearhead its arrival in Australia, however will not be available through traditional dealerships like luxury competitors from Porsche, Maserati, BMW, Audi and Mercedes-Benz.

Instead all future Cadillac cars in Australia will be sold direct by the brand through exclusive retail stores initially located in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane.

Cadillac says the exclusive purchase journey and luxury prices of its cars will be backed up with a white glove aftersales experience, where servicing is managed through the same retail stores.

There is more about launch plans cars, specs and pricing with lots of pretty pics and more words about what next in the future for Cadillac downunder.....here:

https://www.racv.com.au/royalauto/tr...ease-date.html
That is interesting to hear. Wonder if that sales model will work there or in other locations as well?
Old 13 Sep 2024, 02:03 (Ref:4226307)   #916
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The whole franchise model has been getting chipped away at for years and accelerated with Tesla not doing dealerships at all. Think they won in every state bar Jersey cause can't pump your own gas and can't buy your car direct

When I got my truck you could literally buy it from Ram online completely and they would assign the closest dealer to pick your truck up. But the rebates were nil and no adjustments from MSRP. Would be far far far better if we just allowed sales like everything else and here's a price, take it leave it we couldn't care any less. In my drunken and stupid opinion we'll get there eventually but the government and corrupt unions (not all are but sadly more are than not) will fight tooth and nail to prevent it
Old 13 Sep 2024, 08:25 (Ref:4226332)   #917
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is interesting to hear. Wonder if that sales model will work there or in other locations as well?
Will work if they make golf karts.
Old 14 Sep 2024, 06:48 (Ref:4226467)   #918
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Chris, I think you're still in Spain. Did you see a Velolaser ont the road? It seems to be a true wound to check the speed.
Old 14 Sep 2024, 07:36 (Ref:4226471)   #919
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yes into my last week now,head back home next weekend. Not really driven too much whilst here so not seen velolasers but have heard they are not your friend! I know they are multidirectional, and can be used unmanned and are very transportable.... However I maybe one jump ahead of them.... my Intl Driving Permit used here is linked to a UK licence I dont use but still keep.
Not that I ever exceed speed limits.
Old 14 Sep 2024, 07:47 (Ref:4226473)   #920
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
But of course………… pffffffff……………
Old 14 Sep 2024, 08:18 (Ref:4226478)   #921
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Thanks to our gov protecting some suppliers, it seems we won't have this pesky Velolaser. We have enough bad things to bother us on the road. But it's always fun to see the police forces using Waze! It keeps them awake, between two strikes.