Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 2 Apr 2024, 23:02 (Ref:4203661)   #51
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Having only recently returned to NASCAR after an absence of sometime, I was surprised to see that the Richmond race started on a damp track on wets.

Is this something new for the short tracks?
Old 2 Apr 2024, 23:24 (Ref:4203663)   #52
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup, that was the test. And from all reports it worked a champ and will be continued. There were multiple rounds of testing previous but believe this was the debut
Old 3 Apr 2024, 15:27 (Ref:4203747)   #53
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Pretty impressive!
Old 8 Apr 2024, 09:10 (Ref:4204184)   #54
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yup, that was the test. And from all reports it worked a champ and will be continued. There were multiple rounds of testing previous but believe this was the debut
This is awesome.
Old 8 Apr 2024, 12:34 (Ref:4204209)   #55
DoMw94
Rookie

DoMw94 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought some here might enjoy this. last month I went to my first NASCAR race, and I put some words on a page about the experience:

https://dominikwilde.com/its-about-damn-time/
Old 26 May 2024, 22:55 (Ref:4210580)   #56
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
https://x.com/3YearLetterman/status/1794860001787560250
Old 27 May 2024, 03:41 (Ref:4210635)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kyle Larson has had himself a day.
Old Yesterday, 16:23 (Ref:4211811)   #58
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
For those who are following the situation, NASCAR officially granted Kyle Larson a playoff waiver this morning (Larson missed the start of the Coke 600 due to his and HMS' decision to run the Indy 500 after a rain delay). As I said elsewhere, it's only fair since NASCAR played loose and fast giving Chase Elliot (and I think 1 or 2 others in the other national series) playoff waivers after getting ejected/suspended from races for in-race disciplinary issues.
Old Today, 00:19 (Ref:4211863)   #59
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’m curious, was this ever actually an issue?
Old Today, 00:43 (Ref:4211866)   #60
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Waivers were originally introduced because of Denny Hamiln missing several races in 2013 due to a back injury sustained at California Speedway. The rule was if you were in the top 16 in points and/or win a race and in the top 30 at the end of the regular season, you were locked in even if you missed a race or multiple races and qualified for waiver for medical reasons. Notable instance, Kyle Busch in 2015 after he broke a leg during the Daytona 500 weekend.

Where NASCAR played loose and fast was when they gave a couple of drivers in their top 3 national divisions (most notably Chase Elliot) a waiver for getting ejected or suspended for on-track/at-track behavior issues.

My point is that if you're going to give out waivers for that crap, giving a waiver to a driver who missed a race trying to do something that was beneficial to NASCAR (and both NASCAR and Indy Car needed some good news going into Memorial Day weekend) should at that point be a no-brainer.
Old Today, 00:51 (Ref:4211867)   #61
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I assumed that this example was never actually a problem. People were going on like it was. I didn’t follow that much, but assumed there was nothing in it.
Old Today, 01:30 (Ref:4211868)   #62
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I think that NASCAR milked it for drama/controversy. Especially given that Elliot got his waiver for dumping Hamiln in the 600 last year either the morning after or same day that HMS applied for it.

As I said, given that, it should've been a no brainer. I could see NASCAR getting a lot of backlash for not giving Larson his waiver for giving waivers for (at least IMO) less justified reasons. IMO, NASCAR opened a potential can of worms there with giving waivers for suspended drivers. BTW, I have no issue for waivers given out for injury, illness or hardship.

Then again, I'm not a fan of the chase/playoffs, period, let alone win and you're in (and since last year you don't have to be in the top 30 in regular season to win and get a playoffs spot, just have to intend to run every race in the season), but that's neither here nor there for here.