Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old Today, 09:03 (Ref:4215822)   #3376
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTopGrumpy View Post
I just wish they would make the series FWD only. They're never going to get a perfect balance and people will always be unhappy on one side or the other.

Yes RWD do have a disadvantage for the first lap or two but it's far easier to defend from the car behind during that period than it is for a FWD car to defend from a RWD car on the start IMO.
But the point is that BMW are penalised in other ways than the other cars.

These are some of the measures introduced over the years;

- They run a much higher min weight
- They have a raised ride height
- Additional weight placed above the engine for COG purposes
- Forced by regulation less than ideal location for the ballast box
- Reduced boost in 1st gear
- Longer 1st gear ratio

I dont honestly know how much of this is still active since its never made totally clear to the public what is going on, sadly.

Last edited by Sodemo; Today at 09:12.
Old Today, 11:18 (Ref:4215854)   #3377
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

TinTopGrumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
But the point is that BMW are penalised in other ways than the other cars.
I know all that and it doesn't change my point. Trying to balance radically different cars is always going to be a minefield so just ditch the outlier and concentrate on balancing cars that have a great deal more in common with each other.
Old Today, 12:33 (Ref:4215861)   #3378
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTopGrumpy View Post
I know all that and it doesn't change my point. Trying to balance radically different cars is always going to be a minefield so just ditch the outlier and concentrate on balancing cars that have a great deal more in common with each other.
BOP looked pretty good at LeMans so as a concept it can work
Old Today, 13:28 (Ref:4215875)   #3379
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
BOP looked pretty good at LeMans so as a concept it can work
Evidently you're not reading the same posts I am about the BOP at LM! There are some proper anti-Ferrari conspiracies doing the rounds
Old Today, 13:57 (Ref:4215880)   #3380
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Evidently you're not reading the same posts I am about the BOP at LM! There are some proper anti-Ferrari conspiracies doing the rounds
Whats new?