Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Jun 2024, 16:32 (Ref:4211277)   #126
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
They were different days back then, and often the championship was won by cars in the lower, engine size wise, classes. Comes back to the discussion about Turkington; those cars/drivers in the lower classes were often far more consistent and reliable than the bigger cars, and so racked up more points over the season.
True - I just think there is a big difference between comparing consecutive podiums from a field of 20+ with finishing in the top 3 from a field of 4.
Old 1 Jun 2024, 21:46 (Ref:4211373)   #127
Andrew Abbott
Racer

England
Shrewsbury
Andrew Abbott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
But a class podium is not an outright podium.

Otherwise, we would be talking about Rowbottom's 13 and 11 podiums in a row both achieved in 2021.....
Personally, I don't consider that to be a fair comparison.

Prior to 1991, the class system was technical - based on engine size.

More recently, the class system has been about subjective driver abilities or records (i.e. drivers in the JST have cars conforming to the same technical specifications as the rest of the field).