Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 27 May 2024, 00:07 (Ref:4210629)   #301
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by belt driven View Post
What was Larsen's speeding penalty?
His first green flag stop he was way too fast in to the pits and got a drive through

Ahhh, a bit of a mishap and there was no room you say Dixie. It seems everyone else disagrees
Old 27 May 2024, 00:29 (Ref:4210630)   #302
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Larson or Rasmussen for RoY?
Old 27 May 2024, 00:50 (Ref:4210631)   #303
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
For the year? Plenty of time left for that but not Larson

Of the race, still say Rasmussen since he didn't screw up and get speeding penalty and finished 12 vs 18 and Simpson at 21st
Old 27 May 2024, 02:33 (Ref:4210633)   #304
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Really enjoyed that race - plenty going on all the way through. Personally I was hoping for a Scotty Mac win but in reality, any of the top 6 were in with a chance. Big, ballsy move by Newgarden on the last lap certainly paid off and like he said, was a pretty good way to seal the win.

One thing that did amaze me was the number of adds in the NBC telecast - the international feed that I was watching kept the action going with no commentary but man there were a vast amount of add breaks!
Old 27 May 2024, 03:49 (Ref:4210636)   #305
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Race Result

That was good race and a great result for Team Penske and Chevrolet. It did take a while for the race to find its rhythm, because of the stop-start nature of those early caution periods, three in the first 28 laps. It was also quite an attritional race, with 11 cars going out, something they don't include in the Box Score stats.

Personally, I would like to have seen either of the Arrow McLaren drivers, Alexander Rossi or Pato O'Ward win it but it wasn't to be.
Attached Thumbnails
indycar-officialraceresults-1.jpg   indycar-officialraceresults-2.jpg  
Old 27 May 2024, 04:22 (Ref:4210638)   #306
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Stingy led three times for a total of 23 laps. Which is the main takeaway.only the winner and the pole sitter led more laps.
Old 27 May 2024, 09:53 (Ref:4210684)   #307
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Annndddd…. Penske didn’t need their all star engineering line up to win!

Congratulations Mr Newgarden
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 May 2024, 12:19 (Ref:4210696)   #308
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Stingy led three times for a total of 23 laps. Which is the main takeaway.only the winner and the pole sitter led more laps.
A little different strategy and he would have been on the podium.

I also enjoyed how Veekay, Daly, and Ferruci have this Indy thing figured out and might not feature anywhere else during the season but always show strong here.
Old 27 May 2024, 14:21 (Ref:4210710)   #309
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Gotta finish by 815 according to Indy Twitter
Correct

Quote:
local regulations to get everyone out of the track at decent time
Well, about that...
Old 27 May 2024, 14:23 (Ref:4210711)   #310
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I was wrong. Car is fine. Wonder if there was another reason he got out?
Quote:
But new nose and wing is easy fix, get AMR to refire him and he's only a lap or 2 down not 13
He quit!
Old 27 May 2024, 14:39 (Ref:4210712)   #311
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Congrats to Newgarden, he drove the fastest and smartest. Pato lifted with six corners to go. In hindsight he should have got for it, then let Newgarden pass him, and then re-take the lead.

I think that Dixon was correctly not penalized, as RHR went for a too small gap when Dixon and another driver on his right. Likewise, I think that Magnussen should have been penalised for crashing into Checo Pérez.

I'm surprised that Dixon made the last pitstop together with his rivals, rather than staying on track for a few more laps.
Old 27 May 2024, 16:17 (Ref:4210719)   #312
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Congrats to Newgarden, he drove the fastest and smartest. Pato lifted with six corners to go. In hindsight he should have got for it, then let Newgarden pass him, and then re-take the lead.

I think that Dixon was correctly not penalized, as RHR went for a too small gap when Dixon and another driver on his right. Likewise, I think that Magnussen should have been penalised for crashing into Checo Pérez.

I'm surprised that Dixon made the last pitstop together with his rivals, rather than staying on track for a few more laps.
Wow, so admitting to be wrong twice in the same day? Courageous stance sir.

Dixie, well I think he's lucky to not get a drive through there. No penalty is the usual but after the Kirkwood call I think they needed to be consistent and that was due a penalty.

Perez brought that on himself and if anything I would say his movement made him on the hook. Ant had to bite his tongue to not directly accuse Perez of the incident.

Pato over thought himself there lifting early and then going to early. He had to either wait to T3 last lap or go early and try to get him back again. I really thought he had it yesterday but just that close again