Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 5 Jun 2024, 09:51 (Ref:4211899)   #201
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Have seen links to videos , but I think they were for the last International races at Crystal Palace , which were in [ I believe ] 1972 .
And I think clubman races went on until about 1974 .
Didn't Gerry Marshall win the last ever race there (in a Lister Jaguar)?
Old 5 Jun 2024, 11:12 (Ref:4211907)   #202
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Didn't Gerry Marshall win the last ever race there (in a Lister Jaguar)?
Yes , Gerry Marshall is listed as winning the last race .
But I actually raced in a Kart race meeting which was held later . And there were some more clubman events for a year or two .https://www.motorsportatthepalace.co.uk/RacingAtPalace
Old 5 Jun 2024, 12:10 (Ref:4211913)   #203
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going back in memory , I also raced at Aintree , [ probably 1970s ].
It had a full GP circuit , but that had its last race in 1964 , and continued with a club circuit until about 1982 . Now only track days and possibly M/C racing .

So that is another one gone .
Old 5 Jun 2024, 13:32 (Ref:4211919)   #204
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
One other name I recall is a circuit that I never raced at, and that is Longridge. However, just found two other circuits that I can't remember ever hearing of, and they are Davidstow and Ibsley, both former RAF airfields.

This site may help: https://www.scrapcarcomparison.co.uk...racing-venues/
Old 5 Jun 2024, 14:05 (Ref:4211925)   #205
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
One other name I recall is a circuit that I never raced at, and that is Longridge. However, just found two other circuits that I can't remember ever hearing of, and they are Davidstow and Ibsley, both former RAF airfields.

Some very good information in that link .
Another one I found is GRANSDEN LODGE .Again , a WW11 airfield used as a racetrack . First race was there in 1946 , some more in 1947 but then no more .
Old 6 Jun 2024, 06:51 (Ref:4212004)   #206
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Davidstow held races for F1 cars!
Old 6 Jun 2024, 08:38 (Ref:4212016)   #207
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post

Interesting site Mike. Thanks for the link.