Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 25 May 2024, 14:32 (Ref:4210281)   #3326
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I usually enjoy most of the driver interviews by the ITV crew, but I do find it frustrating when these are conducted in the pit lane at the same time that other series are running on the track at the same time. I cannot see why these interviews cannot be done in the paddock behind the garages where it is considerably quieter.
Old 25 May 2024, 15:06 (Ref:4210285)   #3327
SV8Predator
Racer

SV8Predator has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I cannot see why these interviews cannot be done in the paddock behind the garages where it is considerably quieter.
Is there anything about BTCC that you actually like?
Old Yesterday, 13:23 (Ref:4210785)   #3328
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody know what kind of numbers the TikTok livestreams get?

As an old man with no clue I checked during race three at Snett and it had a number around 600 - the only number I could see, but is that likes or people watching?
I know on YouTube and a few other things like Facebook a live stream will show how many people are watching.

If it was to be 600 that would be a bust!
Old Yesterday, 14:15 (Ref:4210788)   #3329
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Most of the videos are showing between 2-5000 views, but it doesn't show the live streams.
Old Yesterday, 14:35 (Ref:4210796)   #3330
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm never certain how reliable the viewing figures are for YouTube because there are various medium that it streaming on, for example I watch the qualifying live on my Virgin Media TV, and on last Saturday, it had a figure of about 650. I cannot believe that only that pretty small number can have been watching.
Old Yesterday, 14:54 (Ref:4210799)   #3331
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I'm never certain how reliable the viewing figures are for YouTube because there are various medium that it streaming on, for example I watch the qualifying live on my Virgin Media TV, and on last Saturday, it had a figure of about 650. I cannot believe that only that pretty small number can have been watching.
This seems about right compared to other series. BTCC Qualifying is not a highly popular thing.

TCR UK often gets under 1000 viewers on the streams at any one time. ELMS, Le Mans Cup, GT4 can be under 3000.

Honestly, a big issue is most people don't even know it's there and free to watch.
Old Yesterday, 14:54 (Ref:4210800)   #3332
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Does anybody know what kind of numbers the TikTok livestreams get?

As an old man with no clue I checked during race three at Snett and it had a number around 600 - the only number I could see, but is that likes or people watching?
I know on YouTube and a few other things like Facebook a live stream will show how many people are watching.

If it was to be 600 that would be a bust!
I saw around 600 too. Whilst that is not what we'd consider good, it's free to stream so it's 600 pairs of eyes that they may not have had.
Old Yesterday, 17:06 (Ref:4210812)   #3333
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
YouTube qualifying is currently showing 32K views for Snetterton and 50K+ for Donington and Brands. I'm rarely at home on a Sat afternoon to watch it live but will catch up on it later. I suspect I'm not the only one doing that.
Old Yesterday, 18:00 (Ref:4210815)   #3334
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
YouTube qualifying is currently showing 32K views for Snetterton and 50K+ for Donington and Brands. I'm rarely at home on a Sat afternoon to watch it live but will catch up on it later. I suspect I'm not the only one doing that.
Not what the naysayer technophobes want to hear!
Old Yesterday, 19:39 (Ref:4210824)   #3335
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
This is post publishing - which is a great advantage of YouTube. It's the same with ELMS. The race had 3000 people watching live. It now has 173k views.
Old Yesterday, 21:26 (Ref:4210837)   #3336
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:

Having just compared 3 different sources for the Saturday qualifying YouTube, it seems as though they do collate all viewing figures, and it is not just from one streaming source.