Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jun 2024, 03:07 (Ref:4212474)   #1051
PanozDP01
Rookie

PanozDP01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
while conservative, i definitely think this is a more than reasonable choice...i am a bit surprised by what sounds like a guaranteed two year extension tho.

guess no promotion for Ric/basically the end of his F1 career as well?
Do you want to revise this ?

Perez is really on a roll now. Getting punted in Q1 2 races in a row and being the worst Red Bull/Vcarb for 3 races in a row.

Riccardo isn't that good but he could probably fulfill the most minimal requirements of that seat. Like getting out of Q1.
Old 9 Jun 2024, 03:27 (Ref:4212476)   #1052
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Maybe after the race!
Old 9 Jun 2024, 06:32 (Ref:4212486)   #1053
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure some people realise that points aren't awarded until Sunday.

There's medication for being a bit too trigger happy I'm told.
Old 9 Jun 2024, 06:46 (Ref:4212488)   #1054
Plantagenet
Rookie

United Kingdom
Plantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The changeable weather for the race may help Perez, in a manner to Button in the slightly crazy race of 2011.
However, I think the real issue with Perez this weekend is that he hasn’t been quick in any session. I don’t know if RB have altered the balance of the car to develop it further for Max, and that this is making it harder to drive for Perez. To my mind, the gap between him and Max is going up, certainly since the early days of 2023 where he started the championship brightly.

One ray of sunshine for RB is that Ricardo had his best qualifying for ages, maybe since rejoining the RB fold.
Old 9 Jun 2024, 08:20 (Ref:4212503)   #1055
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantagenet View Post
The changeable weather for the race may help Perez, in a manner to Button in the slightly crazy race of 2011.
However, I think the real issue with Perez this weekend is that he hasn’t been quick in any session. I don’t know if RB have altered the balance of the car to develop it further for Max, and that this is making it harder to drive for Perez. To my mind, the gap between him and Max is going up, certainly since the early days of 2023 where he started the championship brightly.

One ray of sunshine for RB is that Ricardo had his best qualifying for ages, maybe since rejoining the RB fold.
Red Bull optimized the car even more than the RB19, but that has compromised it on bumpy circuits and where curb hopping is a technique to cut time.
Horner said the RB doesn't have the issue but it uses RB19 suspension.

Perez set a time that was 12th fastest when he set it but people still completing their laps in Montreal bumped him down to sixteenth and that was it, the session had ended so no way back.
The field is extremely close now and differences are in hundredths of seconds, the field covered by less than two seconds front to back so there's no room for error or getting caught out by hindering someone or being hindered, or not getting tyre temperature right.
You might get two runs but you need everything right to maximize the run.
One small issue might cost twenty to thirty hundredths of a second but that can take you from 9th to 11th, or 14th to 17th.
And in restricted time that's it. Your gone.
Old 9 Jun 2024, 09:34 (Ref:4212535)   #1056
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I remember the first couple of years Checo had with RBR (2021-22) he was always there or thereabouts most days, but since last year he’s had too many off days. He needs to find something. The contract extension might help take the pressure off though
Old 9 Jun 2024, 20:50 (Ref:4212741)   #1057
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Sergio Perez’s contract extension at Red Bull reminds me of the one given to Paul Lambert by Ipswich Town in January 2020.
Old 10 Jun 2024, 06:19 (Ref:4212788)   #1058
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Not sure some people realise that points aren't awarded until Sunday.
No points awarded for breaking your rear wing off.
Old 10 Jun 2024, 12:43 (Ref:4212846)   #1059
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Conspiracy alert! Christian Horner has all sorts of trouble over inappropriate something (allegedly). Sergio Perez gets a two year contract extension despite some lamentable performances and not much in the way of moderately good ones.