Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jun 2024, 15:05 (Ref:4212198)   #2301
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
And I really can't see him going to Williams, it's not an attractive prospect for him
beats walking
Old 7 Jun 2024, 15:55 (Ref:4212208)   #2302
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm sure Sainz is still considering his options. And I really can't see him going to Williams, it's not an attractive prospect for him
Agree, but the good drives are drying up, unless he is in with a shout at Merc?

Sauber / Audi / Haas / Alpine are not massively better than Williams.

Will a semi-reluctantly VAG backed Sauber really move that far forward on the grid?

I presume he will not go to RB. And Aston will surely have Lance Stroll back.
Old 7 Jun 2024, 22:52 (Ref:4212272)   #2303
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
The word seems to be that Sainz has signed heads of terms with Williams, presumably with a full contract to follow. One year with options/buyouts for further years?

If true I wouldn’t blame him as I don’t see Sauber improving next year, nor would I have a too much faith in Audi’s 2026 lump.
Old 7 Jun 2024, 22:52 (Ref:4212274)   #2304
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
The word seems to be that Sainz has signed heads of terms with Williams, presumably with a full contract to follow. One year with options/buyouts for further years?

If true I wouldn’t blame him as I don’t see Sauber improving next year, nor would I have a too much faith in Audi’s 2026 lump.
Old 8 Jun 2024, 01:41 (Ref:4212298)   #2305
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post

Sainz himself says nothing locked in but that could well fit with having a Heads of Agreement in place with contract to follow.

Either Williams or Sauber would be something of a gamble but Williams feels like less of a gamble and both of them keep him in F1.
Old 8 Jun 2024, 02:42 (Ref:4212308)   #2306
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree that I just don't see Audi/Sauber really making significant progress for quite a long time. I think Sainz is at the point of picking the least worst option. I would like to see him at Williams just to see how it would go with Albon.

Richard
Old 8 Jun 2024, 07:30 (Ref:4212321)   #2307
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have doubts about the level of commitment of the greater VW group to a Formula 1 project and have a feeling that each time additional resources are sought that some doubts about the project will begin to grow.The group has always focused on shareholder returns and regional prosperity for the factory and it's surrounding population.The Le Mans project cost very little by comparison and generated much prestige.It also allowed lots of development time between races.I have a feeling that Sainz senior is well aware of this and may have advised treading water elsewhere while observing progress.A Williams team on the way up may not be a terrible place to spend a couple of seasons.
Old 8 Jun 2024, 08:48 (Ref:4212335)   #2308
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
I have doubts about the level of commitment of the greater VW group to a Formula 1 project and have a feeling that each time additional resources are sought that some doubts about the project will begin to grow.The group has always focused on shareholder returns and regional prosperity for the factory and it's surrounding population.The Le Mans project cost very little by comparison and generated much prestige.It also allowed lots of development time between races.I have a feeling that Sainz senior is well aware of this and may have advised treading water elsewhere while observing progress.A Williams team on the way up may not be a terrible place to spend a couple of seasons.
Also they are marooned out in Switzerland
Aside from Ferrari, you need to be in the UK where the top people and industry are. Staff won't go to Switzerland.

Sent from my SM-M336B using Tapatalk
Old 8 Jun 2024, 08:50 (Ref:4212336)   #2309
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Aside from Ferrari, you need to be in the UK where the top people and industry are. Staff won't go to Switzerland.

Ironic that; staff won't go there, but their drivers are more than happy to live there!
Old 8 Jun 2024, 10:54 (Ref:4212349)   #2310
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
JV was talking a big talk on sky f1 yesterday, saying they are completely restructuring, 30 people stolen from other teams, determined to be back up front in year or 2
Old 8 Jun 2024, 12:49 (Ref:4212374)   #2311
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post

A point that Renault and Mercedes grasped.I do know that Audi personnel looked at Leafield when Arrows died the death,but even beck then they got cold feet about the whole idea.

I think JV is only telling the world what the other JV has been doing for a while and a combination of gardening leave and CapEx regulations mean that it will take a while.