Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 May 2024, 09:56 (Ref:4210255)   #101
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Pratt & Miller expecting to hit their 2 year, 20 car delivery target.

GM expecting cars to be running outside the states by the end of this season. Possibly Europe.
Old 25 May 2024, 14:46 (Ref:4210283)   #102
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I read that article too. Chevrolet Corvettes in GT WC Europe in 2025 me thinks :-) Fingers crossed for N'Ring 24 too. DTM also would be awesome.
Old 26 May 2024, 22:37 (Ref:4210568)   #103
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I have seen so far these customer Corvettes are utter garbage, one team has dumped and run, and a few others are seemingly all at sea, even TF Sport are struggling in WEC and they are a damn good team, seems to me the Mustang is a better bet for hitting the ground running.

The Factory cars seems perfectly fine, obviously.... strange that.
Old 31 May 2024, 01:32 (Ref:4211063)   #104
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
From what I have seen so far these customer Corvettes are utter garbage, one team has dumped and run, and a few others are seemingly all at sea, even TF Sport are struggling in WEC and they are a damn good team, seems to me the Mustang is a better bet for hitting the ground running.

The Factory cars seems perfectly fine, obviously.... strange that.
Technically not factory cars.... Run by a race team out of the P&M shop.
Old 31 May 2024, 07:53 (Ref:4211082)   #105
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
So basically a works car then!! I dont really see a difference unless you want to be pedantic, either way those cars are quick the customer stuff so far has been not much to shout about, so much so a few have dumped them, and that has to be a worry.
Old 31 May 2024, 16:13 (Ref:4211134)   #106
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
"Technically correct, the best kind of correct"
Old 1 Jun 2024, 07:23 (Ref:4211186)   #107
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
So basically a works car then!! I dont really see a difference unless you want to be pedantic, either way those cars are quick the customer stuff so far has been not much to shout about, so much so a few have dumped them, and that has to be a worry.
A few have dumped them?

One owner sold his...
Old 1 Jun 2024, 07:41 (Ref:4211193)   #108
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
That is not a great start for a new programme though is it? However much of a prima donna he is!
Old 1 Jun 2024, 11:19 (Ref:4211218)   #109
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
That is not a great start for a new programme though is it? However much of a prima donna he is!
New cars have teething issues. The M4 GT3 was 'steady' when it debuted in 2022. The Mustang has had developmental issues too which is possibly why Dinamic didn't end up running them in this series. Multimatic and Proton have taken on the donkey work which will benefit any team that buys or leases any next season.

Similarly, surely it is far better to have a factory blessed mob like P&M and selected associate teams sort the Vette out before making them more widely available? Having one or two in GTWCE late this season is s sensible ploy.
Old 1 Jun 2024, 21:21 (Ref:4211361)   #110
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
I think really when you see a factory car doing exceptionally well out the box, and the customer cars being little better than backmarkers, I would be very concerned, BMW, Porsche Ferrari et al dont seem top have the same issue. Even in Hypercar!!
Old 2 Jun 2024, 09:16 (Ref:4211438)   #111
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
I think really when you see a factory car doing exceptionally well out the box, and the customer cars being little better than backmarkers, I would be very concerned, BMW, Porsche Ferrari et al dont seem top have the same issue. Even in Hypercar!!
Several of the GT3 cars were not stellar to begin with. Some of them were bery amateur unfriendly until developed or even until Evo spec...

I think it's very unfair and wide of the mark to suggest the Vette is a failure.
Old 2 Jun 2024, 11:18 (Ref:4211458)   #112
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
I think the issue is that the customer cars so far have been so far away from the factory ones, OK there are not stacks of them.

These guys should know what they are doing no? They have been building Corvettes for decades and have made the factory car very quick, if even pro teams cannot get a handle on them, yes it could be the drivers, but it also suggests the car is either very poor or very difficult to set up.

Was listening to Pittard yesterday talking about this very thing, he drove the 296 and the 911 last year and said both were very much harder to drive whereas the Aston he is in now is easier, making a car easier to drive helps everyone, not just the amateurs you know. And Corvette surely should be able to manage this?
Old 2 Jun 2024, 20:45 (Ref:4211582)   #113
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
I think the issue is that the customer cars so far have been so far away from the factory ones, OK there are not stacks of them.

These guys should know what they are doing no? They have been building Corvettes for decades and have made the factory car very quick, if even pro teams cannot get a handle on them, yes it could be the drivers, but it also suggests the car is either very poor or very difficult to set up.

Was listening to Pittard yesterday talking about this very thing, he drove the 296 and the 911 last year and said both were very much harder to drive whereas the Aston he is in now is easier, making a car easier to drive helps everyone, not just the amateurs you know. And Corvette surely should be able to manage this?
Maybe they will once thet've figured everything out!
Old 3 Jun 2024, 19:24 (Ref:4211687)   #114
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All one can hope for is that Corvette will have proper customer racing support network in Europe once they really start selling cars. If not, why would a team even consider a Corvette for a European program.
Old 3 Jun 2024, 23:24 (Ref:4211702)   #115
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
All one can hope for is that Corvette will have proper customer racing support network in Europe once they really start selling cars. If not, why would a team even consider a Corvette for a European program.
Is Oli Gavin still heavily involved with Corvette, based in Germany? He would be a good go-between.

And for the 2nd point. There will be plenty interested. The manufacturers know what is required to fulfil product support.

There was plenty of customer support in the GT1 days?