Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 May 2006, 06:20 (Ref:1607615)   #1
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
Bellof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Michael's plans for 2007 (merged)

it was on german websites yesterday, and since nobody mentioned it here, here it is :

I get the impression, he was a bit tired of hearing this same old question again and again. just wonder what ferrari will pull out of the hat, if he really retires at the end of the season...
Old 13 May 2006, 06:58 (Ref:1607632)   #2
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
now HERE it is...
http://f1.racing-live.com/f1/en/head...12183012.shtml
Old 13 May 2006, 11:14 (Ref:1607830)   #3
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari obviously put a lot of value in his driving if they are willing to potentially leave themselves having to pick up a driver at the last minute. Then again, if they have Kimi under contract, they know they will have at least 1 top-level driver next year.
Old 13 May 2006, 12:08 (Ref:1607855)   #4
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And if they get Kimi, they can keep Massa stringed along. If MS stays, Massa becomes test driver. If he goes, Massa keeps his seat.
Old 13 May 2006, 14:26 (Ref:1607907)   #5
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
Ferrari obviously put a lot of value in his driving if they are willing to potentially leave themselves having to pick up a driver at the last minute. Then again, if they have Kimi under contract, they know they will have at least 1 top-level driver next year.

It's good to see some loyalty and respect for a change, I realise Michael has won five WDC with them but still it says something about how they operate..
Old 13 May 2006, 14:52 (Ref:1607923)   #6
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't imagine that this will stop the rumours and questionning over Michael Schumacher's future. For Ferrari, it probably makes sense as I would imagine that they have Kimi Raikkonen under some sort of agreement, so they are guarrenteed a top line driver. With regard to Massa, he will probably take the risk of waiting for everything to shake itself out, given that his choice is wait for Ferrari and risk being left on the sidelines or take a less competitive seat. Given that he is young enough to bounce back from a year not racing, I suspect he'll take the first option.
Old 13 May 2006, 14:56 (Ref:1607926)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellof
I get the impression, he was a bit tired of hearing this same old question again and again.
It isn't surprising he might be tired of it. I am too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper
I can't imagine that this will stop the rumours and questionning over Michael Schumacher's future.
Unfortunately I think you are right.
Old 13 May 2006, 14:58 (Ref:1607927)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, they've been going on since 2002 so can't expoect 'em to stop anytime soon!
Old 13 May 2006, 15:19 (Ref:1608689)   #9
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
that's true, when he said he's deciding in the middle of the year, this didn't stop them asking either. maybe he should hire speed as for his pr, he would tell them to ...;-)
Old 16 May 2006, 06:57 (Ref:1611220)   #10
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
He could announce a two year extension, but they would just start asking about the time after the extension.

He could announce he is quitting, but they would just keep asking if he was still planning on retiring.

The media will never stop.

If I was him I would just not say anything if they asked, and if they just kept asking then just walk away. If the hint is not taken over the next couple of weeks, then just start turning and walking away the second a question on it is asked.

They would still ask.

Perhaps he should just shoot the next reporter to ask.
Old 16 May 2006, 09:09 (Ref:1611338)   #11
pdman
Racer

New Zealand
Napier
pdman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we are all in agreement about being fed up with hearing about what MS may or may not do.....

SO WHY ARE WE PERPETUATING THE ISSUE HERE !!!!

Old 16 May 2006, 19:49 (Ref:1611802)   #12
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ferrari to Announce line Up for 2007 at Monza

Apparantly Ferrari Will Give an Answer At Italian Grand Prix.

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=35945
Old 16 May 2006, 19:54 (Ref:1611809)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes indeed. I read this today, and thought I had heard it a million times since the end of last season.

Maybe Todt thinks it will stop the questions if he mentions it yet again.
Old 16 May 2006, 20:10 (Ref:1611825)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The story you link to includes the quote from Todt of "...we should announce it around Monza". So that isn't "at Monza" at all. The previous story that you refer to contains a quote from Michael "It (the decision) could be very late". he key to both these stories are the words "should" and "could".

The could article is discussed here: http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83334 and it was generally decided that such discussion is pointless and tedious. Especially when you consider how regular they come and how filled with facts they are. A summary of previous Schumacher stories can be gained from the "related stories" on Autosport.com. These are listed as:
  • Schumacher's decision at 'end of year'
  • Ferrari to announce drivers 'around Monza'
  • Ferrari ready to wait for Schumacher
  • Wins not vital for Schumacher to stay
  • Schumacher's future still undecided
  • Weber: Schumacher to Decide in March
  • Todt: Schumacher can Stay Indefinitely
  • Schumacher to Decide on Future Next Year
Interestingly they seem to come in batches of three or so over a few days.

So Michael and Ferrari aren't messing us around here, rather we are messing ourselves around. Besides, they can do what they like.

I think they should start hinting at all sorts of things until people's heads start exploding.
Old 17 May 2006, 02:21 (Ref:1612038)   #15
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
They should just confirm every rumour that comes out, .
Old 17 May 2006, 07:48 (Ref:1612091)   #16
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore

I think they should start hinting at all sorts of things until people's heads start exploding.
I think it's going to get fairly messy around here over the next few months.
Old 17 May 2006, 08:31 (Ref:1612347)   #17
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
I have heard that Michael Schumacher will whisper his decision to Todt at Monza, which the dimunuitive Frenchman will then reveal to the press through the medium of dance.

Only when his flailing moves have been deciphered correctly by the world's media will Ferrari announce their intentions.

Source www.idle-f1-gossip.com
Old 17 May 2006, 15:22 (Ref:1612659)   #18
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think he'll stay and has already signed. He has a competitive car again, he's winning races. Thats what he wants! If 2006 had been like 2005 I think he would have walked away. But the chance to take the title from Alonso will be too great for him I think. And, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Kimi will sign too. Theres too many rumours for it to be nothing. Kimi's comments about his cars performance at the Spainish round suggest all is not well in that department either. I think he's signed as well. They just don't wanna disrupt team harmony.
Old 18 May 2006, 11:33 (Ref:1613373)   #19
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
What? TWO top drivers driving the ferraris at the SAME time? What a shame Mr Todt didn't do this earlier, then we wouldn't have had the bordom in '02, and '04 and then we wouldn't have so many silly rules in the game now....
Old 18 May 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1613378)   #20
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
He could announce a two year extension, but they would just start asking about the time after the extension.

He could announce he is quitting, but they would just keep asking if he was still planning on retiring.

The media will never stop.

If I was him I would just not say anything if they asked, and if they just kept asking then just walk away. If the hint is not taken over the next couple of weeks, then just start turning and walking away the second a question on it is asked.

They would still ask.

Perhaps he should just shoot the next reporter to ask.
Yep, the media certainly has alot to answer for in this world. Their general style, is to pick a topic, and attack it from one perspective, so people are divided (the ones who know lots about the topic, and the ones that know nothing and thus believe all the media says).....
Old 18 May 2006, 19:51 (Ref:1613730)   #21
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Here's one mans view and he's not usually wrong.http://www.f1racing.net/en/news.php?newsID=118587
Old 18 May 2006, 22:48 (Ref:1613848)   #22
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Yup, that is pretty much my take on it too.
Old 19 May 2006, 09:46 (Ref:1614089)   #23
Greenback
Veteran

Singapore
Singapore
Greenback has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
A MS and Kimi combo at ferrari will give F1 fans the opporunity to find out if the incoming king will be faster than the outgoing one. If Ferrari allows both drivers to compete on track, then I am sure we will see fireworks.
Old 19 May 2006, 17:05 (Ref:1614335)   #24
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As a rule, I find the rumours tedious, but this one does seem to have legs.

Clearly TGF is a family man and remaining competitive, for as long as he has been, has forced some compromises on his personal life. I also suspect that he would rather go out on top as a Jackie Stewart did than stick around long after the sharp edge has been dulled as Graham and Damon Hill did.

The one thing to bear in mind is that the length of his career. This is his 16th season in F1-What other driver has been able to accomplish that?

Yes he still loves racing and he still loves winning, but the kids are getting older and the travel and the stress and the ascetic lifestyle have to be getting old.
Old 20 May 2006, 03:27 (Ref:1614631)   #25
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
It is time...I for one will miss him!