Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 2 Jun 2002, 14:23 (Ref:302802)   #1
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Eurosport

Am I the only person who thinks that Eurosport's Motorsport coverage (especially 4-wheels) has gone very downhill this year?
NASCAR was always bad, missing ever other race, but I think that it's got worse in general this year - with only one bit of regular live action (the Super Racing Weekend - which is now coverage compared to last year), no live CART, no Automag - it's really annoying me!
Old 2 Jun 2002, 14:37 (Ref:302808)   #2
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too true! try DSF-about 19 hrs of 4 wheeled motorsport this weekend. Mainly Nurburgring 24hrs + V8 Stars,DTC,DTC,F3,Fadac,PorscheCC,Puma Cup/Clio Cup/Alfa147Cup & Rallies & Historic. They even interviewed the British marshals at the 'ring!
Old 2 Jun 2002, 14:49 (Ref:302817)   #3
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This year it seems Eurosport are trying to be a Jack-of-all-trades master of none when it comes to motor racing. Still, at least Sky Sports has CART now, as well as the IRL and Eurosport still do a good job with Superbikes and MotoGP.
Old 2 Jun 2002, 15:45 (Ref:302842)   #4
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, Eurosport is bad now, I only watch it if I miss WRC on Channel 4. Otherwise MotorsTv is good enough........
Old 2 Jun 2002, 16:09 (Ref:302848)   #5
whitlock
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lancs, uk
whitlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Aren't Motors TV & Eurosport part of the same company?

If so, it would make sense for Eurosport not to show as much racing this year.
Old 2 Jun 2002, 18:06 (Ref:302893)   #6
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
I've never heard that one before!
Old 2 Jun 2002, 20:39 (Ref:302957)   #7
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Channel 4's WRC coverage is **** compared to Eurosport's.

I feel Eurosport do a good job with the SRW, its a shame that they are mostly on Moto GP weekends, so we only get LIVE ETCC races.

Last edited by Speedworx; 2 Jun 2002 at 20:40.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 15:07 (Ref:314948)   #8
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
I'm resserecting a post here, but did anyone see British Eurosport's advert this week (mainly during Le Mans).

More motorsport than any other channel???? :confused:

What about Motors TV?!!!
Old 16 Jun 2002, 16:38 (Ref:314992)   #9
whitlock
Rookie

United Kingdom
Lancs, uk
whitlock should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Asp
I'm resserecting a post here, but did anyone see British Eurosport's advert this week (mainly during Le Mans).

More motorsport than any other channel???? :confused:

What about Motors TV?!!!
I saw that & i'm not sure about it. Although, recently they have been showing a few more programs that have been on Motors TV.

Just one thing that Eurosport (or Motors TV) should consider for next year is showing the full 24 hours live.
Old 16 Jun 2002, 18:30 (Ref:315023)   #10
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what happened to channel fours extensive le mans coverage I ask myself.... and leave of Motors, I like it and its free!
Old 19 Jun 2002, 17:57 (Ref:317050)   #11
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Eurosport tends to show the program first and the it appears on Motors TV.

Motors TV is good for DTM and ASCAR.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 19:50 (Ref:317125)   #12
JP
Rookie

JP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motors TV is also good for Busch, ASA, IROC, TransAm, Toyota Atlantic, Australian V8s (both Shell and Konica series)- and BTCC if you forget to video the ITV coverage. Can't remember ever seeing much of that stuff on Eurosport.

Must admit though that despite not speaking much German, I prefer to watch DTM, F3, Carrera Cup, V8 Stars and Top 10 on DSF/ARD/ZDF/HR rather than suffer the dubbed commentary of Carlton Kirby or that embarrassing American on Motors.
Old 19 Jun 2002, 21:52 (Ref:317198)   #13
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm with you on that one, JP. I do miss my old analogue satellite which gave me the German channels in their original language. Just as the annual pilgrimage to Le Mans is a great way to brush up my excerable French, so happy watching of DSF is as good a reason as any to get some German in.

I really do wonder how Carlton Kirby got - or kept his job. Perhaps he just reminds them that if he doesn't commentate, Tony Delahunty might do it instead....
Old 19 Jun 2002, 22:09 (Ref:317209)   #14
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has anyone seen the latest ZoneF1 programme on Motors? Its got a pretty good interview with Jean Alesi and Max Mosely.