Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 20 Apr 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1282840)   #1
TWIGLET
Racer

TWIGLET should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Predictions for Mondello

Now that we finally have an entry list.
Would anyone care to predict the results?
Old 20 Apr 2005, 12:02 (Ref:1282923)   #2
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John McCluskey if he can get it of the start line
Dermot Carnegie will run john close but I think he will struggle if Xara gets of the line
Lawrence Gibson Always at 110% around Mondello
Dark horse : Chris Evans

Dave Bellerby after performance in lyden I think the 206 would have to be a shed for him not to win
Gordon Rogers
Dave Ward
Dark Horse :Michael Coyne showed at lyden he could mix it with top boys Home advantage should see him move up a spot or two

Eoin Murray Quickest Stockhatch car out there, home advantage and a proffesional driver behind the wheel should be a safe bet
Julian Godfrey might as well be a home event for julian
Rodney Green remember last year him saying that he struggled at mondello so have him at 3
Dark Horse : Derek Tohill has been very unlucky at BRDA rounds in the past. But if all runs well he could sneek a top three.
Old 20 Apr 2005, 14:53 (Ref:1283051)   #3
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1. Carnegie
2. Mc Cluskey
3. Gollop
4. Holfeld

1. Bellerby
2. Coyne (mike has the local knowladge advantage)
3. Ward

1. Godfrey
2. Tohill
3. Murray

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 20 Apr 2005, 15:09 (Ref:1283066)   #4
B Friendly
Racer

United Kingdom
East Yorkshire
B Friendly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My Predictions

My predictions are as follows:

Supercars
1 George Tracey - Had a good day at mondello last time out
2 Lawrence Gibson - Ever reliable
3 Dermot Carnegie - Always seem to do well here
Dark Horses - Evans - not seen him out yet, Doran - Should have car more or less spot on since Lydden.

Supermods
1 Bellerby - No reason in particular, all I can say is Bellerby.
2 Sellar - Has really got to grips with the car now.
3 Howlin - Just going from previous performances.
Dark Horse - Tapscott - Always seemed to be near the top in the old car.

Stock hatch
1 Rodney Green
2 Julian Godfrey
3 Derek Tohill
Dark Horse - Liam Doran

Not sure on the rest as juniors don't seem to have the top people or have I gone blind, and as for the rest all I can say is 'free for all'!!
Old 21 Apr 2005, 07:37 (Ref:1283586)   #5
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxie

3. Gollop
4. Holfeld
Rixe are these two entered as I haven't seen there names on entry list ?

3rd and 4th would be some achivement with out turning up.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 09:00 (Ref:1283627)   #6
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I'm sure Gollop said he wouldn't be at Mondello - he's running selected events only this year (including some European rounds) rather than a full championship.

Predictions for Mondello? (Also known as "Who can I 'doom' this time?" )

Supercar
Carnegie - Always quick and smooth.
McCluskey - Xsara really impressive at Lydden, if he can get it off the line it'll be somewhere at the front.
Doran - Fiesta looked good on it's debut, should be better here as the engine should be 100%

SuperModified
Bellerby - If the car is reliable I can't see anyone else winning, he totally blew the rest away at Lydden.
Rogers - Always there or thereabouts, if Bellerby falters he could grab it.
Ward - Another consistently quick driver.

Stock Hatch
Green - Good driver, the best car?
Godfrey - Seems to be quick everywhere and consistently at the sharp end.
Tohill - Local knowledge + good driver = good result.

Juniors
Nesbitt - based purely on the fact that he seemed to get all the bad luck at Lydden so he's due a break.
Ashely Simpson - Went well at Lydden, should do well here too.
Kyle Orr - Won at Lydden so obviously no mug.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 12:22 (Ref:1283802)   #7
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Bert have to disagree with you about Carnegie, was far from smooth at lyden, he seemed very ragged making lots of little mistakes. Thought maybe he was overdriving the car in a effort to keep with Gollop.

Murray's stock hatch is for my money the quickest stock hatch. Seen the thing being built and there's some WRC cars that aren't as well built!!!Last day out it was quicker than darren gass's saxo kit car and in the final's his times would have put him 3rd in Modified. Derek T hung onto his coat tails that day in the final but I think he would be the first to admit that barring a problem or wet weather Murray is the man to beat this weekend.

Wet weather in Ireland no chance of that
Old 21 Apr 2005, 13:11 (Ref:1283839)   #8
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundy Mooney
Bert have to disagree with you about Carnegie, was far from smooth at lyden, he seemed very ragged making lots of little mistakes. Thought maybe he was overdriving the car in a effort to keep with Gollop.

Murray's stock hatch is for my money the quickest stock hatch. Seen the thing being built and there's some WRC cars that aren't as well built!!!Last day out it was quicker than darren gass's saxo kit car and in the final's his times would have put him 3rd in Modified. Derek T hung onto his coat tails that day in the final but I think he would be the first to admit that barring a problem or wet weather Murray is the man to beat this weekend.

Bah RM entrylist bah im sure tehre will be some form of turnout (hopes there is)

RM the reason dermot didnt do well in lydden was because of the Mechanical Difficulaties breaking shafts and whatnot.

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 21 Apr 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1283847)   #9
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It's a fair cop! Lydden wasn't his best ever was it? He's usually smooth though - whereas I always get the impression someone like Gibson is on the limits of control most of the way around the lap (good to watch though )

Quote:
I went to Mondello once. Rain? That wasn't rain, that was RAIN
Old 21 Apr 2005, 13:31 (Ref:1283850)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Gibson is on the limits of control most of the way around the lap
Ask Brian Mac or EP about the "Wall Of Shame!"
Old 21 Apr 2005, 14:14 (Ref:1283869)   #11
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
I think I've seen pictures of that - the catch fencing with the bits of bodywork on? (more specifically large amounts of bright yellow 6R4 bodywork that 'fell off')
Old 21 Apr 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1283877)   #12
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's the one Rather excellent racing incident and was a damn quick clean-up by the crew. Bit of a bummer they never showed the fast clean up on the TV coverage.
Old 21 Apr 2005, 18:36 (Ref:1284015)   #13
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
the un-sung heros

Old 21 Apr 2005, 18:41 (Ref:1284021)   #14
Queen
Veteran

England
North Lincolnshire
Queen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridQueen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Watch out for Allan Tapscott in his new car.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 10:02 (Ref:1286714)   #15
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
So how did I do?

Supercar
Carnegie - Spot on!
McCluskey - Doomed him! What happened?
Doran - Looked like the fester went well.

SuperModified
Bellerby - "If the car is reliable" Doomed him!
Rogers - Doomed him!
Ward - Looks like he was on form as ever.

Stock Hatch
Green - Another good drive from Mr Green
Godfrey - Doomed him!
Tohill - Good result on home turf.

Juniors
Nesbitt - Doomed!.
Ashely Simpson - "should do well here too"
Kyle Orr - "Won at Lydden" and again at Mondello

Probably a better strike rate than normal for me although I did also 'Doom' a lot of them. Sounds like it was a great event though.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1286896)   #16
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Mc Cluskey Diff blew. Think I put the curse on him to

Bellerby car looked very normal don't think he had any realiability problems ?

Looks like the only one I got Right Was Eoin Murray

Your right about it being a great event, the racing was top class all day.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1286901)   #17
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Bellerby car looked very normal don't think he had any realiability problems ?
Oops I just assumed that as he didn't appear anywhere at the pointy end in the results he must have broken it.
Old 25 Apr 2005, 16:20 (Ref:1287056)   #18
mooch
Rookie

mooch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2
Oops I just assumed that as he didn't appear anywhere at the pointy end in the results he must have broken it.
i heard the diff was completely locked and the inlet manifold cracked, gonna be one awesome machine when fettled tho. i timed him as quick as dermot on the straight!
Old 25 Apr 2005, 16:22 (Ref:1287057)   #19
mooch
Rookie

mooch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
oh, hello btw!
Old 27 Apr 2005, 07:51 (Ref:1288302)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by mooch
i timed him as quick as dermot on the straight!
Welcome to the forum mooch! Looks like that car is going to be seriously rapid once it's sorted out