Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 23 Feb 2003, 22:42 (Ref:515453)   #1
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Sebring/Le Mans TVR Pics

Testing shots of the fantastic looking new De Walt TVR Tuscan R are now up on www.dailysportscar.net

Black and Yellow really suits that car.

So how do readers here on both sides of the pond thing the TiV will fare on the bumps of Sebring?
Old 24 Feb 2003, 00:18 (Ref:515526)   #2
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hmm....DSC is free at the moment eh?
Old 24 Feb 2003, 00:52 (Ref:515544)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lets hope it stays that way..
Old 24 Feb 2003, 07:48 (Ref:515725)   #4
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Its a great looking car let hope it holds together better than their road cars! Joking aside The Dewalt team did a great job last year at leMans with the Morgan. If this car holds together as well and maybe has more pace then it will be great to watch.
And thanks for the free look at DSC
Old 24 Feb 2003, 07:58 (Ref:515730)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So the pics last night it looks fantastic............
Old 24 Feb 2003, 09:26 (Ref:515784)   #6
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
We're busily rebuilding after last weeks woes.

It will be free-to-view for a week or two more at least but do take the opportunity to see what you'll be missing for the rest of the year Saleen!
Old 24 Feb 2003, 13:03 (Ref:515939)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looks absolutely marvellous (drool)
Old 24 Feb 2003, 14:43 (Ref:516056)   #8
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Graham - it certainly is great to have the car visit this side of the pond, and I sure wish that it would stick around for the season. As far as how it will perform on the bumps, well that is the million dollar question.

I hope it does well, the more the better.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 14:55 (Ref:516067)   #9
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it looks great nd im gutted i missed the test at snetterton as i only live 2 minutes down the road
Old 24 Feb 2003, 15:41 (Ref:516103)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin

It will be free-to-view for a week or two more at least but do take the opportunity to see what you'll be missing for the rest of the year Saleen!
Graham, DSC is a great site this is true. And yes I will not be paying to view the site, ok the info is good on there, it gets every piece of news, but if u are like me, or other people u can find the same news articles on other free to view websites. It just means u have to put yourself out to find them though, thats all. DSC is convinent for people who lead busy lifes, i dont..
Old 24 Feb 2003, 16:12 (Ref:516129)   #11
iucrmh
Racer

iucrmh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Graham, DSC is a great site this is true. And yes I will not be paying to view the site, ok the info is good on there, it gets every piece of news, but if u are like me, or other people u can find the same news articles on other free to view websites. It just means u have to put yourself out to find them though, thats all. DSC is convinent for people who lead busy lifes, i dont..
News articles maybe, but not high resolution photos and countless features. If you only want the news items then that is fine. Some information is available for "free" in certain places, but they are all backed by some method of money making. Everything must be paid for by somebody, somewhere. Cheaper than any monthly car magazine in the UK, and everything I want and nothing I don't. Gets my vote, and long may it continue.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 16:15 (Ref:516132)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin

Nice site indeed ! And practicle for LM fans... but I can't afford it...
Old 24 Feb 2003, 16:25 (Ref:516140)   #13
iucrmh
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by iucrmh
News articles maybe, but not high resolution photos and countless features. If you only want the news items then that is fine. Some information is available for "free" in certain places, but they are all backed by some method of money making. Everything must be paid for by somebody, somewhere. Cheaper than any monthly car magazine in the UK, and everything I want and nothing I don't. Gets my vote, and long may it continue.
Just reread my message, and it reads a little too harsh maybe. What I am trying to say is that, DSC is the only paysite I subscribe to, because I think it is excellent value for money, and essential to me especially this year as I won't be able to get to Le Mans (our first child is due that week!!).

Mike
Old 24 Feb 2003, 16:41 (Ref:516153)   #14
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Mike

Congratulations and commiserations (on baby and LM in that order!) Any chance of an LM linked name for the new addition?

Morgan? Portia? Storm!!??

Thanks for the encouragement btw
Old 24 Feb 2003, 18:39 (Ref:516315)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Can I make it absolutely and finally clear that this forum is not going to be used again for digs at DSC's marketing policies. If you don't want to pay for it Saleen, no problem, you can source your info from elsewhere. Subject closed?

....and no little digs back, eh Graham?

Last edited by Aysedasi; 24 Feb 2003 at 18:39.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 22:34 (Ref:516602)   #16
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Fair enough Ayse!

After all there's racing coming soon - That's more interesting than marketing any day of the week.
Old 24 Feb 2003, 22:42 (Ref:516614)   #17
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just shown my Dad the picture and even he said it looked spot on........
Old 25 Feb 2003, 08:39 (Ref:516952)   #18
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The car is great and I can't wait to see this on the track...

Any news about the performances ?

Last edited by Fab; 25 Feb 2003 at 08:43.
Old 25 Feb 2003, 08:55 (Ref:516964)   #19
iucrmh
Racer

Please put me out of my misery, am I missing something, but why are there what look like restrictors in the roof, when its a front engined car?
Old 25 Feb 2003, 09:03 (Ref:516969)   #20
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...

Quote:
Originally posted by iucrmh
Please put me out of my misery, am I missing something, but why are there what look like restrictors in the roof, when its a front engined car?
Refresh the pilot ? :confused: .....
Old 25 Feb 2003, 10:32 (Ref:517018)   #21
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
From the text in the article:

"'restrictors' in the roof vent (driver cooling vents, in reality)"
Old 25 Feb 2003, 18:59 (Ref:517454)   #22
C_g
Racer

C_g should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The TVR looks fabulous. I hope it handles the bumps better than the Porsches.

What size motor does the TVR use? And what restrictor sizes does/did it use in British GT? I assume they've developed a special motor for Sebring and Le Mans?
Old 26 Feb 2003, 08:45 (Ref:518054)   #23
Chevyguy
Racer

Chevyguy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It looks fantastic. Now to scrap the Morgan in favor of a second Tuscon. I'm still beleiving that the Morgan has just been a praticle joke. Sorry to offend anyone, but who really believes that car has any place in sportscar racing? I don't beleive any of the British cars are going to handle the bumps. Sorry to the nation's loyalists, but they just haven't been there yet. I think the Tuscon will outlast the Lister, but still go out early. I think at least one Bentley will finish, but not on the podium. They will however, win GTP. Hehe.

"No matter where you go, there you are"-Pigkiller
Old 26 Feb 2003, 09:42 (Ref:518099)   #24
IanGrohse
Racer

IanGrohse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, the Morgan is a bit of fun.......NEver had it a chance of winning.......
However, I think we put too much of an emphasis on the idea that every car is there to win, and although that is certainly a nice idea, and an inspirational thing to strive for....I think it is totally off base...I believe noone had any intensions to win GT class at LEmans with the Morgan......but rather, to display HOW FAR you can take such an inherently "classic" design. It doesnt take winning to display the talents of a manurfacturor....Dispite the aluminum construction, and "Aero" in the name, i think if we all think seriously, Morgan istn putting out this product in race form as a contemporary car. But rather, come to the race, with a car that scremes underdog, goes around reliably(lasting whole race), and is a terribly entertaining thing!

Common, weve all seen the acedemy award winning Rocky film(not 2-5, which are entertaining, but hokey dokey in message), doesnt have the natually engineered body or skill to be champ, or win. Comming in, he knows it. But he WAS a champ when he did the best with what he had, adn went the distance.
Old 26 Feb 2003, 12:10 (Ref:518202)   #25
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
can't get on to lemans.org(maybe they're posting the entry list at last!), but i'm sure the morgan didn't post the slowest time in qualifying.

sure it looks a little strange, but the team tried hard, it made a nice noise, and to my eyes was visibly quicker thru some corners than some of its more illustrious rivals!

tuscan looks nice though.